"Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels like home. Our focus is doing what's right for the resident. For me, that's a big breath of fresh air."
- Sunrise Leader
At Sunrise, our Resident Assessment Coordinator is responsible for all of the facility Medicare and Managed Care residents as directed by the Resident Assessment Director.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Ensuring accurate completion of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) using information in the health information record, Activities of Daily Living (ADL), Flow Sheets, 24 Hour Report and others as appropriate
- Completes Material Data Sets (MDS) in accordance with Federal, State and Local policies, regulations and guidelines
- Maintains schedule of the MDS, Resident Assessment Protocol (RAPs), Care Plans and assessments
- Coordinates and facilitates In Care Plan / Rehabilitation Conferences
- Provides training and education to the skilled nursing clinical team members regarding MDS / Care Plan process and required documentation
- Facilitates the Prospective Payment System (PPS) meetings daily and the Triple Check and Medicare meetings weekly
- Ensures billing information is available for the Business Office Coordinator (BOC) to submit to Sunrise Headquarters on a timely basis
- Graduate of approved college/school of nursing
- Maintains a current state license as a Professional Registered Nurse (RN), or Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN)
- One (1) year supervisory experience in long term care environment which may include recruiting staff, coaching, performance management, responsibility of daily department operations
- Material Data Set (MDS) and Care Plan Development experience preferred
- Ability to complete the AANAC (American Association of Nurses Assessment Coordinators) certification within 90 days of employment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Ability to accurately assess and document assessments
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office & Sunrise applications with the ability to learn new applications
Sunrise considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Sunrise Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. Some leadership roles are eligible to receive annual bonuses. All team members have the potential to receive spot bonuses and other incentive awards.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals. Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified Great Place to Work®
Apply on company website