"Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels like home. Our focus is doing what's right for the resident. For me, that's a big breath of fresh air."
- Sunrise Leader
We are looking for a Manager (CPA) to work at our Corporate Office in McLean, VA.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Have ownership at an operating unit level of the general ledger and related reports of assigned managed portfolios
- Participate in monthly close for assigned portfolios through the following activities:
- Ensure ledgers are closed timely, accurately, and completely
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations
- Review intercompany reimbursement and management fee schedules/journal entries
- Review close packages and approve journal entries
- Ensure reporting to Owners is provided timely, accurately, and completely. Includes, but not limited to,
- Review of financial statement packages and calculations
- Provide timely resolution of portfolio issues with Owner and other Sunrise departments
- Supervise audits, and owner inquiries and ad hoc requests timely
- Supervise, mentor, and train Assistant Manager and Senior Accountant
- Manage team's role in transactions. Includes, but not limited to, requesting BU/OUs, transferring and prorating account balances, closing BUs, coordinating activities with other departments such as setting up/closing bank accounts, a/p flush, asset retirement, etc.
- Support Director in special requests
- Review contracts and agreements and be able to articulate key components and understand unique issues facing each community/portfolio. Be able to independently analyze and solve problems if/when circumstances change.
- Understand and document policies and procedures related to OR as well as Sunrise Accounting Policies.
- Review, establish, and monitor financial controls to satisfy internal audit and SOX requirements.
- Participate in annual audits of managed portfolios and assist as necessary in the Sunrise Audit. Includes, but not limited to, providing schedules and flux explanations and coordination with other departments to obtain requested information
- Participate in annual budget process by updating budget items (ie lease, management fee) for Owner Reporting
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain a good working relationship with Owner.
- Develop Peoplesoft reports for department needs and provide recommendations for process improvement when appropriate
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate. Identify and facilitate technology changes to support business needs.
The Manager will work closely with the Director. However, significant decision-making latitude will be expected and encouraged on day-to-day issues that may be resolved by the Manager. Unusual items should be brought to the attention of Director for further analysis.
- B.S. Accounting or Business majors
- 6-8 years on-the-job accounting experience with increasing responsibility in career progression
- 2-4 years of supervisory experience
- Strong communication skills for interaction with Owners/Sunrise Departments/Auditors
- Ability to comfortably work in an intensely deadline-oriented environment
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and strong problem-solving skills
- Team-oriented attitude
- Heavy experience with Microsoft Excel
- Public accounting and/or accounting in a real estate development, property management, or venture accounting environment
- PeopleSoft experience
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest. Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best. Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals. Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified Great Place to Work®
Apply on company website