"It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents' lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them – we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!"
- Sunrise Team Member At Sunrise, our Laundry Attendant is responsible for performing laundry functions in order to create a safe, secure and inviting environment for residents, families and team members while meeting and exceeding Sunrise quality service standards.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Collecting, cleaning and redistributing the community laundry and resident clothing
- Properly sorting, washing and drying linens and resident clothing following the approved laundry procedures
- Transporting supplies to include clean and soiled linen to the appropriate storage and collection areas
- Folding, counting and stacking linens following approved laundry procedures
- Routinely inspecting linens for wear and tear, identifying worn and torn linens and following the community's Standard Operating Procedure for damaged linens
- Maintaining the commercial and residential laundry rooms in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Able to provide housekeeping and laundry services in a resident centered environment, which meets and/or exceeds Sunrise's quality standards
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following all community procedures and guidelines and having the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrates initiative
Sunrise considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Sunrise Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. Some leadership roles are eligible to receive annual bonuses. All team members have the potential to receive spot bonuses and other incentive awards.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
We care for residents and each other, and offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
You have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally, and achieve your career goals.
Apply on company website