"Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels like home. Our focus is doing what's right for the resident. For me, that's a big breath of fresh air."
- Sunrise Leader
At Sunrise, the HR leader at the community, the Human Resource Manager is responsible for providing general human resource services and programs to the team members, department coordinators and Executive Director that meet or exceed Sunrise quality service standards.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Responsibilities: - Overall administration, coordination and execution of human resource programs at the community - Recruitment, new team member orientation and on-boarding, training, - Employee relations, performance management - Payroll administration, worker's compensation administration, benefits administration - Ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and any other applicable employment laws.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five (3-5) years of human resource generalist experience in progressive HR or management role, preferably in senior care, health care or hospitality industries
- Three (3) years supervisory and management experience including hiring staff, coaching, performance management, daily operations supervision, discipline and counseling
- Demonstrated knowledge in Federal and State employment laws
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and manage information with utmost integrity
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills working with others
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills and roles
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations
- Competent in organizational, time management skills, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) and Sunrise applications with the ability to learn new applications
- Ability to work occasional weekends, evenings and flexible hours
Sunrise maintains a safe and drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a background check and drug test.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals.
Apply on company website