"It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents' lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them – we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!"
- Sunrise Team Member At Sunrise, our Dietary Aid is responsible for handling all foods in accordance with sanitary procedures and standards and complies with all federal, state and local regulatory procedures regarding food service.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Prepares dining and tray service according to menus and follows therapeutic diet orders
- Has knowledge of menu items and can provide general description to the guests/residents
- Responsible for meals and beverages and serving requested items according to established dietary and skilled nursing guidelines
- Responds to the dining needs of the residents while maintaining Sunrise hospitality and service standards
- Prepares and delivers snacks and nourishments as directed
- Obtains food and supplies for meal service as directed
- Maintains accurate records of guests/resident's dietary needs
- Follows all local, state and federal policies regarding food handling
- Maintains standards of cleanliness, hygiene and health standards
- High School diploma/GED accepted and may be required per state regulations
- Must be 18 years of age
- Previous experience preferred in skilled nursing dining and/or long term care, assisted living or hospital dining
- Ability to read and follow instructions to meet the dietary needs of the residents
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
Sunrise maintains a safe and drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a background check and drug test.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest. Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
We care for residents and each other, and offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best. Ignite Your Potential
You have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally, and achieve your career goals.
Apply on company website