"It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents' lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them – we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!"
- Sunrise Team Member
At Sunrise, our Activities Assistant is responsible for assisting with the day to day delivery of resident centered activities and programs for the Sunrise Senior Living Community while meeting and/or exceeding Sunrise quality standards.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Assists in maintaining a balanced resident centered activity program for the Sunrise community following the Activity Program Guidelines, Programming Guide(s) and direction from immediate supervisor
- Under the leadership of immediate supervisor, assists with and supports the networking actions for retaining a volunteer base, maintaining a relationship with local businesses, organizations and schools
- Reviews, reads, notates and initializes the Daily Log and Department Log to document and learn about pertinent information and any resident's physical and behavioral changes as well as activities information - Demonstrates proficiency and understands the QA (Quality Assurance Process) & essential quality service standards pertaining to enriching resident centered activities and programming; partners with community team in striving for excellent quality care & service delivery as measured in the QA process - Partners with community team to ensure community follows all federal, state, local laws & regulations & Sunrise quality standards for resident care and services- Partners with community team to ensure community is in compliance with OSHA requirements and promotion of Risk Management programs and policies; adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Actively participates as a member of a team and committed to working toward team goals
- One (1) year job related experience preferred in senior living communities - Ability to lead activities and motivate volunteers and fellow team members for their involvement in the social events and various scheduled social activities - Maintains a current appropriate federal and state license such as CDL (commercial driver's license) and/or chauffeur license, applicable state license with an acceptable driving record in accordance with State, Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sunrise policy - Ability to handle multiple priorities - Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations - Competent in organizational, time management skills - Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills - Ability to make responsible choices and decisions and act in a resident's best interest - Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following community procedures and guidelines and have the ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) and Sunrise applications with the ability to learn new applications Sunrise maintains a safe and drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a background check and drug test.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
We care for residents and each other, and offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
You have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally, and achieve your career goals.
Apply on company website