JOB TITLE: Private Equity Investment Professional
SUMMARY: Summit Agricultural Group is looking to add an investment professional to its private equity investment platform, Summit Ag Opportunities, which invests in middle market companies throughout the agriculture and renewable energy industries. The individual will be part of a small team dedicated to the Summit Ag Opportunities fund and will be involved in all key areas of the investment cycle: origination, due diligence, execution, portfolio management and investment monetization.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with team to develop relationships with potential portfolio company executives, lenders, brokers and other avenues utilized to source transactions;
- Identify industry trends or opportunities;
- Continuously stay in contact with various relationships in order to source proprietary transactions.
Due Diligence and Execution
- Identify areas for industry research and diligence
- Prepare investment memorandums and investment committee presentations;
- Become intimately involved in the transaction process and work closely with other team members and outside service or capital providers such as independent counsel, lenders, co-investors, etc.
- Play an active role within assigned companies in order to ensure alignment with stakeholder objectives;
- Actively research assigned industry verticals for potential acquisitions by portfolio companies deemed suitable for a roll-up strategy;
- Stay abreast of macro trends and valuations in order to identify exit opportunities and optimal exit timing.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in finance, investments, or related field
- Ambitious self-starter with a desire to contribute meaningfully to a growing platform
Apply on company website