As an Investment Analyst Intern at Summit Agricultural Group, you will work closely an investment team that manages over $700 million in assets with more than 120 years of combined employee experience. As Summit continues to grow, you will assist with a broad range of activities including business analytics, industry research and presentation preparation for private equity-type investments. The position will be based at our Alden, Iowa headquarters where we currently manage 8 active investment funds with a history of strong returns. Of our active investment funds, this position will be primarily focused on our Summit Ag Opportunities (“SAO”) fund that invests in middle market agricultural businesses throughout the Midwest. While focusing on SAO, the internship will also include exposure to our other investment funds.
Summit's internship program is tailored to give you a unique experience while allowing you to grow in your area of study. You'll be expected to work hard and think with an “entrepreneurial spirit” in order to contribute your ideas for improving Summit's business units. While you will report to the investment team, your overall experience will be overseen by our Internship Program Coordinator, who will help to ensure a successful internship experience for you. Throughout the summer you will have the opportunity to see all areas of Summit. At the end of the summer, you will be asked to deliver a comprehensive presentation to Summit's management team outlining the experiences, results and accomplishments you experienced during your time in the program.
During your internship with Summit Agricultural Group, you will:
- Assist business units by creating, updating and analyzing financial models on a wide variety of private equity investments across the agriculture industry, both domestically and internationally.
- Be responsible for written and verbal research reports detailing findings from topics assigned. Specific topics would likely include analysis of trends within the agriculture industry in both the United States and Brazil.
- Aid in the preparation of presentations for various audiences, both internal and external.
- Update and further develop various database and reports used for tracking agricultural trends and pricing.
- Manage special projects as needed. Requirements: Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; strong working knowledge of agriculture industry and financial statements; ability to work in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment; high level of interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills; detail oriented with high integrity and motivated self-starter with ability to work independently.
Apply on company website