The location of the position is in Ford Ohio Assembly Plant.
The Quality Resident Engineer, (Ford Ohio Assembly Plant) assures customer satisfaction and excellent relations, and supports SEWS quality assurance strategies and objectives by acting as the resident liaison between SEWS and Ford manufacturing, quality, engineering and commercial entities. Acting as the Voice of the Customer, continually monitors product and service performance and customer expectations on site at the Ford Ohio Assemble Plant manufacturing site and related Tier 1 customers, assumes responsibility for immediate containment actions in the event of product and/or service concerns, and provides the technical and functional expertise necessary to identify technical root causes and assure precise, timely and effective countermeasure implementation, up to and including sustainability of lessons learned.
Minimum position specifications：
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality or related field, or equivalent industry-specific experience in automotive Quality Assurance or Engineering. ASQ CQE level certification and/or equivalent is helpful but not required. Certification or demonstrated equivalent ability in a technical problem-solving discipline (Six Sigma, Shainin, Kepner-Tregoe, etc.) and knowledge of Ford corrective actions process is preferred. Moderate to advance knowledge of automotive OEM structure, manufacturing and technical demands and customer requirements and relationships (ideally Ford) and procedures demonstrated by 3 or more year's experience in Quality, Engineering and/or Design/Product Development Engineering in the automotive industry. Working knowledge of automotive EDS systems and components and reasonable proficiency in automotive technical trouble-shooting/failure analysis is strongly preferred. Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings, product specifications, procedures and standards. Strong organization and communication skills, as well as presentation proficiency to all levels of customer management and staff are expected. Able to travel domestic and international. Some on-call and/or off shift work is necessary and expected as necessary to support customer requirements. Able to inspect precise electrical components, manipulate a variety of complex products and accurately discern colors, dimensions, and product specifications. Ability to analyze complex problems, work independently as well as in a team environment, and organize and execute multiple work tasks simultaneously in a high-volume automotive production environment. Proficient in standard MS office PC/software applications and automotive OEM web applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and projects the standards of excellence and integrity established by SEWS and SEWS Quality Assurance in alignment with company and departmental objectives and quality targets.
- As a customer-facing representative of SEWS at a key customer manufacturing location, assures compliance to customer requirements and expectations, and coordinates relations between SEWS functions/members and Ford management/staff.
- Continually monitors trial and mass production activity at the customer site (Ford Flat Rock Assembly Plant) and assures the quality of SEWS product and services provided to customers by proactively identifying emerging issues and engaging applicable SEWS sections (including all Sumitomo's manufacturing sites) for drawing/product/process improvement, and reports, monitors and assures effectiveness and sustainability of corrective actions through effective use of quality alerts and standard quality tools.
- Promote a customer-focused business environment throughout the SEWS network by acting as SEWS' quality liaison and “voice of the customer” for quality and service related topics that drive the achievement of customer expectations.
- Closely monitors customer quality results and perceptions and makes judgments regarding necessary actions. Provides feedback to the responsible organization and assures required improvement activities.
- Develop and execute product tests and validations, analyze resulting data, and document results.
- May participate in the creation and/or interpretation of Quality-related documentation for project design history files (APQP Plan, essential requirements checklist, FMEA, PPAP, first piece inspection plans etc.)
- Lead/participate on teams that identify risks/hazards associated with product designs, processes and applications, apply lessons-learned, and assist in the generation of FMEA's and associated Control Plans.
- Administer rework/repair methods and processes in compliance with engineering and quality standards as necessary to provide rapid, effective, sustainable clean points and provide rework personnel training and oversight as necessary.
- Performs short range, tactical planning and execution of actions required to deliver provided Quality Assurance strategies and objectives.
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo's continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.** An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply on company website