The purpose of this position is to provide clerical support to SEWS International Material Data System (IMDS)/End-of-Life Vehicles/Substance of Concern (SoC) activities including data input into the IMDS website, researching Bill of Material (BOM) data to support preparation of IMDS reports, as well as contacting suppliers to request and follow up on their submission of IMDS data.
BASIC POSITION DUTIES:
- Download Bill of Materials (BOM) from IPS/BPCS and evaluate the components to determine whether International Material Data System (IMDS) data has been submitted to the website.
- Input/submission of IMDS data on the IMDS portal.
- Maintain IMDS/Substance of Concern (SoC) tracking logs.
- Issue information to SEWS suppliers to request IMDS data or to follow up on issues with data submission.
- Prepare SoC surveys to be submitted to SEWS customer or SWS.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years of clerical experience required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400-year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo's continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.**
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply on company website