- Manager role within the Production Planning (PP) and Business Continuity Management (BCM) department, directly responsible for departmental operations, including facilitation of quarterly budgeting activities, monthly reporting of sales, manufacturing, inventory, direct expense, and KPI-related analysis.
- Communicate across internal and external organizations to execute PP and BCM roles. Organize, lead or facilitate organization-wide PP and BCM activities and deliverables, ensuring on-time, high quality content.
- Directly support departmental and organization-wide improvement activities (including manual work reduction) through the development and implementation of automation systems / applications.
Basic Position Duties
- Quarterly Budgeting (20% of Workload) - Coordinate/facilitate to successfully complete: Mid-term plans and quarterly budgets (including production, inventory DOH, direct, and logistics budgets), business plans, prototype and service part budgets. Review content for accuracy, work with business unit members to promote cost saving / cost reduction activities.
- Monthly Reporting (20% of workload) - Work within (refer to organizational relationships) to coordinate, compile, research, correct concerns, publish, and explain monthly reporting (customer actual sales, change points, and trends, actual manufacturing results, direct expense (air, truck, scrap, service), CSC and inventory status (including aging), logistics transit lead-time (Asia/Mexico), etc.).
- Business Continuity Management (BCM) (20% of workload) - Support department GM with leadership in business continuity planning activities, including organization-wide collaboration, data collection and compilation, document creation and reporting, as well as actual crisis and recovery management efforts.
- Continuous Improvement Activities (20% of workload) - Support department GM with organization-wide continuous improvement activities, including: (1) business unit organization / communication improvement, (2) systematization of manual processes across the organization.
- Preparation of Reporting Documentation (10% of workload) - Prepare documents for meetings, lead or assist with reporting - monthly departmental meetings, wire harness review meeting, officer's meeting, kaizen activities, and others.
- Other duties as assigned by the department General Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or similar.
- 8-10 years experience in production planning or similar area including 2-4 years in supervisory capacity
- Six years automotive manufacturing-related professional work experience (production control, business planning, or similar). Budgeting, project management, and verbal reporting experience.
- Team leadership experience.
- Demonstrable Japanese business level fluency.
- Microsoft Office suite (Mastery of Excel, (including use of pivot tables), fluency in PowerPoint), experience with programming language(s). Demonstrable ability utilizing VBA, SQL queries, and SQL Server preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Occasional overtime and frequent deadlines.
Apply on company website