This position oversees the corporate cost function which includes but is not limited to variance reporting, physical inventories, inventory valuation reserves such as obsolescence, slow-moving, service parts, LCM and inventory revaluation of materials and overhead. Additionally, this role has two professional Cost Accountant direct reports.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership to cost accountant staff.
- Prepare month-end inventory report. Reconcile inventory accounts. Participate in monthly close activities.
- Prepare Inventory Revaluation, LCM/ICP calculation.
- Verify accuracy of monthly variance reports and explain all variances.
- Prepare and ensure accurate and timely Service and Aging reserves.
- Ensure accurate valuation of raw material, work in progress and FG inventories for multiple locations.
- Oversee corporate physical inventory.
- Work with external auditors, internal auditors and JSOX auditor.
- Write company accounting policies. Projects and CI activities as required. Special research and investigation as requested.
- Work with multiple systems: ERPLX, ACCPAC, various AP systems and others. Heavy Excel skills needs and SQL.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years Cost Accounting experience with 8-10 years progressive Accounting experience required
- 2-4 years supervisory experience required
- Strong analytical and teamwork skills
- Advanced Excel skills and good business sense
- CPA or CMA preferred
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400-year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo's continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.**
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply on company website