Sr. Software Engineer – Sr. Java Developer with Oracle Middleware experience
Primary responsibilities include supervising development cycles and manage business expectations for distributed applications that drive Subaru of America's multi-tier systems supporting MySubaru Customer Web Portals and Telematics Applications.
The following duties are expected of the individual in this role:
- Should be able to play a key role in providing estimates, perform technical reviews, providing technical leadership to the team.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, debugging skills.
- Good technical documentation skills.
- Coordinate project work with the development and QA testing teams. Must execute code reviews. Must be able to provide technical direction to the development team.
- Work with business partners and outside vendors to collect and confirm project business requirements.
- Ensure work is completed on time and in accordance with our coding standards, conventions, and practices.
- Work independently on long term projects, conduct meetings with stakeholders to see projects through.
- Development of web applications, web components, and web services.
- Follow the complete life-cycle of a project from conception to deployment.
- Architect new projects with the Manager of Application Development.
- Follow project specifications to complete tasks.
- Troubleshooting and debugging.
- Test and manage project deployments and production releases.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Ability to lead and mentor developers.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task deliverables estimates.
- Strong abilities to analyze data, conduct research, think analytically and work in a diverse group situation
- Experience in working with offshore teams is a Plus
- High level of organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Experience in Automobile Domain is a Plus
The ideal candidate will possess a BA/BS degree in Computer Science (Masters degree in Computer Science a plus) with 6 plus years of overall development and 3 plus years of enterprise software experience. Must have excellent verbal communication, written communication, and social interaction skills.
Apply on company website