Maintains responsibility of developing the vision and strategy for all facets of the enterprise-wide tier 3 (vehicle sales, parts, service, and accessories) marketing communications digital platform, including concepts and initiative development that provide an equitable return on investment for Subaru and our retailers.
Primary responsibilities include managing the execution, vendor partnership, contract negotiation, creative development, stakeholder collaboration, data integrations and security, retailer enrollments, pricing and invoicing, analytics and reporting, field communications and training all centered around the Care Connect platform, a multi-dimensional tool set which provides Subaru retailers with marketing communication assets that reach all levels of the consumer funnel for sales, parts, and service operations.
Additionally, serves as the liaison to the National Retailer Advisory Board sub-committee and is responsible for all cross-functional shared platform (Care Connect) support with a multitude of Subaru of America (SOA) businesses including: Fixed Operations, Guaranteed Trade-In Program (GTP), Subaru Added Security (SAS), Subaru Motors Finance (SMF), Just Drive, Retailer Websites, Certified Pre-Owned (CPO), and more.
Must be able to perform all of these:
- Develops vision, strategy, creative assets (print, digital, video), reporting and analyses of program performance, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform direction in collaboration with key stakeholders that include: Sales, Product Launch and Love Promise events, Service, Subaru Parts Online, Subaru Express Service and Accessories promotions and integrations, Digital Service Technology and Service Pulse integrations, Subaru Added Security, Certified Pre-Owned and Just Drive promotions.
- In partnership with Fixed Operations, manages the Service Owner Touch triggered maintenance reminder program and supports overall service retention strategies/objectives. Works closely with vendor partner and Fixed Operations stakeholders to develop creative assets, reporting and analyses and feature enhancements to meet retailer and organization goals.
- Establishes vision and sets strategy and objectives in order to execute Subaru Trade Up Advantage Program (STUA), which accounts for over 15% of SOA new vehicle sales. This includes establishing STUA integrations with other platforms such as retailer websites, MySubaru, Pinnacle incentives and Internet Lead Management. Leads the strategic oversight of STUA including program branding, the development of on-demand and triggered email and direct mail templates, customer handouts, and individual quote features. Responsible for field and retailer education and training, process support, new feature development, reporting and analyses and promotional support including Point of Purchase (POP) materials.
- Oversees editorial calendar and templated articles for retailer customizable one-to-one email newsletter product, News Connect. Sets strategy and manages enhancements with goal to improve customer engagement.
- Champions utilization of Care Connect programs as a solution to business challenges. Creates processes for custom solutions working with stakeholders to develop value propositions and messaging that resonates with target audiences.
- Manages extensive data integrations between Afinnitiv (Care Connect) and SOA IT (MySubaru, Telematics, Impact, STARS, Siebel, DDMS, OBI and Single Sign-On [SSO]/data security issues) and vendor partners (Dealer.com, Urban Science, Xtime, DCI, Ansira, IHS).
- Initiates analytic projects measuring effectiveness of platform and providing insights into sales opportunities adding value and further optimizing programs. Includes sales and customer insights data.
- Acts as cross-functional stakeholder lead with overall partner vendor oversight of vendor field force, retailer invoicing, data security, and Master Service Agreement (MSA) contract, Dealer Management System (DMS) issues, onboarding stakeholders, National Retail Advisory Board (NRAB) Sub-committee, field/retailer Care Connect Quarterly newsletter and setting engineering priorities. Serves as a liaison to other internal SOA groups, such as Legal and IT, to ensure that goals are accomplished.
- Establishes success metrics to assess the performance and effectiveness of each marketing program. Report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and program progress to all key stakeholders including SOA executives, NRAB, field and retailers.
- Sets the direction of Affinitiv field team consisting of 20+ account managers who work directly with Subaru retailers as consultants on the Care Connect suite of products.
- Manages development of SOA field training and leads consult on development of retailer training to help field and retailers optimize all program components.
- Sets target enrollments and influences Affinitiv field and retailers to maintain and improve enrollments in each program.
- Sets program pricing and sets up enrollment, invoicing and Subaru Ad Fund processes for retailers.
- Identifies, hires, manages and mentors team talent including 2 specialists, 1 contractor and 1 intern.
- Works with all levels of the Marketing teams to support all vehicle product launches, Love Promise and national sales events. Also, supports Fixed Operations and Accessory business priorities and national events' GTP, Subaru Added Security and zone-specific initiatives.
- Coordinates presentations and booth displays for Retail Relationship Marketing at high level business conferences (National Training Conference, National Business Conference, Regional Marketing Manager meetings, etc.)
- Identifies integration opportunities and improves business processes creating efficiencies for corporate initiatives.
- Monitors the marketplace to stay on top of trends to ensure programs remain competitive.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic vision and the ability to build consensus on that vision and communicate to stakeholders.
- Proven leadership abilities with the ability to provide clear direction to executional team.
- Ability to prepare and make presentations all levels of team members from internal departments/business owners to top executives and NRAB.
- Thorough understanding of Retailer Sales and Fixed Operations departments and marketing concepts and ability to work with and communicate to SOA field team.
- Must be able to negotiate contracts and manage and build positive relations with vendors, agencies, internal stakeholders from multiple departments and retailers.
- Marketing expertise (especially direct marketing) and social media knowledge.
- Technical knowledge to oversee SOA IT and vendor engineering, integration and security projects.
- Excellent vendor management skills.
- Strong project management skills. PM Certification or Smartsheet and Jira experience preferred.
- Creative and copy experience for direct marketing preferred.
- Interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Good understanding of retailer fixed ops and sales operations and knowledge of SOA field organization.
- MBA preferred.
Apply on company website