Primary responsibility is new product and feature development for refrigeration products. Position will design and develop new components for the cabinet area of the product, which includes structural, aesthetic, kinematic, food storage and packaging functions.
- Engineer cabinet components to satisfy both internal and external requirements using sound engineering principles.
- Evaluate design alternatives based on cost, quality and production feasibility.
- Resolve on-going issues as related to agency, assembly, reliability, quality, fabrication, and testing.
- Collaborate with the industrial designers to ensure designs meet the desired intent.
- Work with cross functional teams and suppliers to keep tasks on schedule and meet the design intent specifications.
- Perform testing, simulations, and tolerance stacks to validate design concepts.
- Manage and guide designers and drafters to coordinate their efforts to meet project goals.
- Evaluate part discrepancies and disposition their use.
- Provide training and support for all products as required for service, manufacturing, purchasing, and reliability.
- Knowledge of designing parts for injection molding preferred.
- Ability to develop designs while maintaining strict cosmetic requirements.
- Mechanical Engineering: Bachelors degree or better
- Ability to work in environments experiencing routine and rapid change
- Experience formulating design alternatives to achieve desired industrial design concepts
- 5 year(s): Related engineering design experience. Experience with sheet metal fabrication and injection molding
- Experience using SolidWorks
Apply on company website