Company: Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove
Location: Fitchburg, WI
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Manufacturing, Engineering, Aerospace
- Establishes networks and solutions that provide on-time fulfillment of global inbound and outbound transportation at optimal service levels and cost.
- Collaborates with business and suppliers to identify and deliver continuous improvement and cost reductions via network efficiency, improved logistics practices or other reduced costs.
- Implements new technologies and automation, including a new Transportation Management System (TMS), to drive efficiencies, visibility, communication and service.
- Creates and reports on key performance indicators, including analysis and corrective actions.
- Prepares financial budgets and analyzes budget variances.
- Manages freight payment process.
- Manages periodic RFP process that aligns with strategic objectives and long-term vision.
- Develops strategic partnerships with carriers and 3PLs. Negotiates rates, fuel and service levels and manages ongoing relationships. Partners with Legal and business to develop and execute contracts and lead negotiations.
- Implements a transportation provider performance management process that will drive continuous improvement with our carrier service and cost.
- Manages and develops a team of Transportation Specialists.
- Primary point of contact to resolve unexpected issues such as significant service delays, importation issues, freight claims, and security breaches.
- Leads the implementation of advanced analytics in both strategic decision-making and operational business processes. Analyze freight spend and shipment data to understand our costs and the key drivers and trends behind the spend.
- Builds KPI dashboards to help business partners understand behaviors affecting costs
- Ensures compliance to trade laws and regulations for both imports and exports.
- Ensures timely reporting and disclosure of all compliance related requirements.
- Develops, implements and communicates trade compliance policies and procedures.
- Provides and maintains accurate HTS & ECCN Classification and Country of Origin databases (internally and/or via 3rd party partnerships) .
- Advises and provides analysis on tariff impacts.
- Manages and recommends ways to leverage Free Trade Agreements (FTA).
- Maintains existing Foreign Trade Zone.
- Establishes and reports on key performance indicators, including analysis and corrective actions.
- Leverages and implements technologies and automation that drive efficiencies, communication, visibility and service.
- Supports sourcing department in minimizing landed costs.
- Prepares financial budgets and analysis of variance to budgets.
- Develops and delivers training programs.
- Responds to all government inquiries related to trade compliance.
- Manages process for internal and external audits and any corrective actions.
- Manages and develops a team of Import/Export Specialists and a Project Lead.
- Supply Chain: Bachelors degree or better
- • 6-8+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management leadership role with an emphasis on Transportation and Trade Compliance
- • Goal oriented, decisive, and able to demonstrate the ability to think strategically as well as tactically
- • Financial analysis and risk assessment skills to recommend optimal solutions
- • Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, TMS, ACE
- • Strong negotiating skills
- • Strong understanding of transportation contracts, rates, cost to serve and transportation networks
- • Strong knowledge of all modes of transportation (parcel, LTL, FTL, intermodal, ocean and air)
- • Strong understanding of customs and compliance requirements and FTZ
Apply on company website