The Sales Associate assists customers and helps to maintain the store appearance. The Sales Associate is responsible for all aspects of customer service, merchandising, and store maintenance.
· Greet and acknowledge every customer as they enter and exit the store and as they approach the front end.
· Accurately and efficiently operate the register.
· Be knowledgeable of all promotions and advertisements to ensure that customer questions can be answered and to assist with selling product; support Ollie's Army and other donation programs throughout the year.
· Maintain a neat and organized front end work area.
· Assist with receiving the truck, pricing items, merchandising product, and recovering the store.
· Communicate customer needs to Team Leaders when necessary.
· Maintain the cleanliness of the overall store.
· Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Minimum of six months' retail experience in a mid-size to large retail service-oriented business is helpful.
· Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis.
· Ability to read, write and speak English.
· Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and activities and work within strict timeframes and deadlines.
· Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills.
· Must have a positive attitude and the ability to interact well with customers and Associates.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to push and pull up to 35 pounds.
· Ability to stand for extended periods.
· Ability to bend and twist frequently.
· Ability to grip, reach, and pinch with arms and hands frequently.
· Ability to squat, kneel, balance, and climb ladders occasionally.
· Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
· Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
Apply on company website