Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Central Valley, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Sacramento counties. We serve more than 30,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Nursing ensures that each PHF client receives the nursing care, treatment, medications and diet, which have been ordered by the attending physician, ensuring the overall quality of licensed nursing care for the PHF Unit. S/he participates in budget development for the Nursing Department and is responsible for its implementation and management. S/he selects, hires and supervises all staff in the Nursing Department.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing required.
Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Nursing required.
Four (4) years direct service experience treating the mentally ill, preferably adolescents and four (4) years supervisory experience in an inpatient setting, required.
Prior experience as Director of Nursing in acute psychiatric setting/skilled care or Program Director of acute care psych unit preferred.
License or Certification:
Registered Nurse (CA)
Current CPR certification.
Ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with seriously emotionally disturbed adolescents, other staff, physicians and the public.
Demonstrated understanding of psychiatric illness and its treatment.
Demonstrated leadership, organization and management skills.
Knowledge of Title 22, Title 9, Patients Rights and CCL regulations.
Ability to physically perform containment, escort, and restraint procedures with assaultive adolescents.
Ability to physically assist in lifting and carrying assaultive adolescents weighing up to 200 lbs.
Ability to visually and audibly assess adolescent's behavior and needs.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category I)
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS REQUIRED
Demonstrated use of ProAct Training.
Demonstrated use of Standard Precautions.
1. Hires, on-boards, trains, and supervises assigned PHF staff.
2. Supervises the direct nursing care provided by all nursing staff.
3. Develops and maintains service objectives, standards of nursing practice, nursing policy and procedure manuals and written job descriptions for all nursing personnel.
4. Oversees physical healthcare services provided by primary care physicians and emergency services provided through local hospitals.
5. Provides nursing care as described in the Registered Nurse job description, as needed to supplement nursing staffing and services.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participates in the development of the departmental budgets and is responsible for its implementation and management.
2. Consults with the Training Coordinator and SBHG Senior Nurse Consultant in planning and conducting the orientation program and continuing education for nursing personnel.
3. Develops and monitors the Infection Control Program for the facility to safeguard residents and staff; advises Administration of potential infection hazards and recommends corrective measures; and reports findings and recommendations at least quarterly to the Safety Committee.
4. Coordinates the development and maintenance of an accurate work schedule for PHF nursing staff including a current "on call" list.
5. Establishes and monitors controls for the purchase, storage, administration and destruction of drugs and other pharmaceuticals as required by law.
6. Manages pharmacy, pharmacist, x-ray, laboratory, and ambulance services contracts.
7. Ensures that the PHF is in compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations pertaining to resident nursing care and treatment, and patients/clients rights.
8. Assists with the preparation and maintenance of organizational accreditation activities.
9. Participates in administrative supervision of the facility as an On Call Manager.
10. Assures appropriate inventory and distribution of resident clothing and supplies.
11. Ensures accurate, complete, and appropriate nursing care plans and other nursing documentation are generated and maintained in a timely manner in the medical record.
12. Coordinates and is responsible for monthly licensed nursing meetings; attends and participates in Organized Clinical Meeting, Clinical Department Head and Department Head Meetings
13. Coordinates with the Quality Assurance and Medical Records/UR Coordinators the implementation of LPS policies and procedures.
14. Attends PHF Treatment Teams regularly and schedules nurses and child care staff to ensure the regular attendance of licensed nurses at treatment teams.
15. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employees will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Administrator or his/her designee as needed.
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website