Now Brewing – maintenance mechanic sr! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
The Starbucks experience starts in our Roasting Plants where we have a dedicated team of professional roasters and supporting process teams including planning, warehouse management, packaging, roasting, maintenance, engineering and logistics.
As a maintenance mechanic sr, you will:
- Guide the maintenance team and support all aspects of the maintenance department as needed, including general building and grounds maintenance.
- Coach and mentor maintenance mechanics and technicians to ensure their development and understanding of current and new technology.
- Serve as a training mentor and assess training needs of maintenance mechanics and technicians providing feedback to their supervisor.
- Provide subject matter expertise for maintenance of all plant equipment and processes.
- Use vendor resources for troubleshooting and learning opportunities.
- Assist with the installation of all new equipment to included training material, spare part list, creation of PMs and validate documentation, including drawings, schematics, parts list and work orders.
- Complete plant work orders and preventive maintenance.
- Ensure all plant equipment is functioning at optimum levels by performing short-term repairs and long-term improvements.
- Understand and follow established safety guidelines, programs and procedures; and actively work to prevent safety incidents.
- Support food safety, legality and quality programs.
- Maintain product quality through adherence to good manufacturing practices, Food Safety Preventative Controls, product specifications and quality procedures. Monitors and documents quality measures using analytical tools.
- Perform other duties as needed in support of business objectives and Starbucks Mission & Values.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
We're proud to invest in you and offer these special incentives to eligible partners (employees):
- Comprehensive health coverage (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Arizona State University College Achievement Plan: FULL tuition reimbursement towards bachelor's degree
- Highly competitive 401(k) program with company match at 5%
- Stock equity reward program (annual grants)
- Health savings, vacation savings & health and wellness programs
- Paid vacation (prorated vacation allowance on day one), sick leave and personal days
We'd love to hear from people with:
- Automated manufacturing or distribution environment (7 years)
- General industrial maintenance in mechanical and electrical systems (7 years)
- Proficient in all standard maintenance skills and practices (7 years)
- Experience repairing and maintaining high speed packaging equipment (5 years)
- High school diploma/GED, US military service or equivalent
- Ability to work varying shifts including nights or weekends, to support business needs
- Ability to communicate technical and operational issues clearly and concisely
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and writing
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical plant equipment
- Ability to understand mechanical and technical equipment manuals
- Ability to work in elevated areas with ladders, roofs, overhead lights
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Basic math skills
- Proficient in welding, plumbing, electrical, machining and troubleshooting
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in safety procedures
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- For Soluble locations only: boiler and refrigeration certification required
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website