From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company.One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
Payments Technology is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group within Starbucks Technology responsible for processing billions of dollars throughout the world. Our mission is to optimize and deliver industry leading payment experiences at Starbucks and low friction consumer experiences. You will be deeply involved in design and implementation of highly available, scalable and resilient services and will partner with product owners to build new capabilities and features. The focus of this role will be on retail customer experiences and bridges cloud, data center, and in-store technologies. As a Software Development Engineer, you will:
- Develop performant, resilient, scalable, and highly available modern software.
- Create innovative and impactful retail customer experiences.
- Translate user requirements into technical specifications and designs.
- Deliver high quality software using Agile/Kanban development methodologies.
- Enable the realization of strategic initiatives and operational improvements in a large-scale enterprise environment
We'd love to hear from people with:
- 4+ years of professional industry experience with software development in .NET Core / C#
- Strong understanding of the payment processing industry including card-present, certification and PCI information security standards.
- Experience with working on a public cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in designing and developing a significant component or feature of a scalable service.
- Experience working with distributed systems and architectures, including SOA, SaaS and microservices approaches.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website