Job Summary and Mission This position contributes to Starbucks success by leading high performing teams on Global Technology projects and by ensuring that Starbucks continues to meet project delivery expectations supporting our customer technology platforms. As a senior project manager, you will partner closely with IT and business stakeholders, managing a portfolio of projects to ensure continuity, coverage, and consistency and to enable efficient enterprise planning, execution and reporting. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops a deep understanding of projects within the program portfolio, with a clear understanding of business and IT context, and cross-program portfolio dependencies.
- Works independently, with limited day-to-day guidance from senior program management leadership.
- Performs core project management duties, including guiding the project through formal approval and funding gates; developing a project plan that includes a detailed budget, project time-line, detailed task-driven schedule, project RACI and resource plan, and communication plan; and managing project execution from analysis/design through build, test, and deployment.
- Partners with relevant IT and business hiring managers to ensure that the project has the skillsets and resources required for delivery.
- Oversees and directs the activities of portfolio management as they relate to cost, resources, timeline and schedule of investments, expected nature-, magnitude and timing of benefits to be realized, and interdependencies with other projects in the Starbucks Technology portfolio.
- Partners effectively with scrum masters and technical product managers in all areas of project delivery
- Conducts project portfolio modeling and analysis for portfolio level planning and reporting
- Tracks and reports project metrics for all projects throughout the Customer Technology organization and maintains centralized accountability for management of project portfolio; works with senior management to provide strategic and tactical advice on program/project planning
- Supports Customer Technology organization's portfolio communication, program/project analysis/reporting and process development
- Demonstrates effective, reliable delivery in agile and waterfall methodologies
- Partners with Finance, Strategy, Operations and Retail teams on Portfolio Financial Management
Summary of Experience
- Minimum of seven years' experience as a project manager in technology or a software development setting; must have at least eight years overall experience working in technology or a software development setting.
- Minimum of three years' previous experience managing, analyzing, and optimizing organization's portfolios
- Experience in leading annual and quarterly financial planning and analysis
Leadership and Communication:
- Leads by example and builds teams with a confident and positive attitude, patience, honesty and integrity, and a strong sense of commitment.
- Demonstrates capacity to recognize what is possible and what is not, and to know how to navigate project engagements efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to engage in difficult conversations resulting in positive, actionable outcomes.
- Ability to navigate complex and diverse landscapes effectively.
- Seeks and provides honest, transparent feedback.
- Ability to build and lead high-performing project teams.
- Ability to set clear expectations, holding self, individuals and team members accountable to their commitments.
- Drives timely and effective decision-making that favors compromise and alignment over consensus-building.
- Excellent facilitation skills, with the ability to adapt approach to different types of engagements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Acumen and Learning Agility:
- Strong command of IT program and portfolio management practices.
- Expert-level knowledge of standards and practices for IT project and program lifecycle management activities and deliverables.
- Clear understanding of project technical activities, including:
- (1) solution analysis and design
- (2) enterprise, solution, and infrastructure architecture
- (3) systems integration
- (4) data conversion and migration
- (5) environment management and build processes
- (6) test planning and execution
- (7) deployment planning and execution
- Expertise in online collaboration- and program and project planning toolsets such as MS Teams, Sharepoint, OneDrive, BlueJeans, Slack, Confluence, Jira, and MS Project Professional
- Advanced skills in the MS Office Product Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website