Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by developing cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications that are more complex. Reviews systems under development and related documentation. Creates more complex prototypes. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software applications. May coordinate activities of the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks Guiding Principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Coaches and mentors other less experienced team members. Performs cross- training and facilitates information sharing among team members.
• Collaborates with team members to recommend new software development technologies and development processes.
• Designs, develops, implements, documents, and tests changes to an application microservice. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software applications. Initiates design reviews for new applications and adheres to software development standards.
• Performs unit and property-based testing on all application functionality, and supports integration and load testing activities
• Participates in systems planning, scheduling and implementation. Collaborates with project team to keep projects on schedule by coordinating activities, monitoring project schedules, and costs.
• Participates in, leads and mentors others in requirements gathering and functional specification activities. May assist Functional Analysts in completing deliverables and translates business requirements and functional designs into technical designs. Assist with development of functional designs and resolving complex design issues. May act as senior technical expert to consult with and analyze the business needs.
• Resolves and helps mitigate production application issues and assists less experienced application developers as needed. Works with other business and technology teams to support resolution of end-user inquiries. Contributes to the documentation of production support processes. Anticipates long term support issues and plans for corrective actions. May perform root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues.
• Working with application development leads, establishes, maintains and ensures compliance with standards for development, testing and documentation.
Summary of Experience
• Analyzing, diagnosing and proposing solutions to user problems - 6 years
• Microservice application development experience - 2 years
• Reactive application development experience - 1 years
• DevOps experience - 1+ years
• Strong working knowledge of SQL and No-SQL persistence approaches; experience with Cassandra preferred
• Extensive development experience with Java, Object-Oriented Programming, and Scala is a plus
• Strong working knowledge of microservices development and relevant technologies such as orchestration, service discovery, service gateways and proxying
• Working knowledge of Reactive application development tools and relevant technologies such as Akka, Spring Boot, CQRS, event sourcing, Kafka, Spark
• Familiarity with building distributed systems rooted in Reactive Systems principles
• Familiarity with containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Understanding of DevOps culture and its importance in building distributed systems
• Experience with working on a public cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
• Experience in architecting and building large-scale microservice solutions
• Experience in architecting and building service API's is a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Ability to facilitate resolution of issues
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com.
Apply on company website