Job Summary and Mission
The Retail Infrastructure Engineering team's focus is building massively scalable full stack infrastructure for Starbucks owned, licensed and franchise stores. This role will concentrate on building infrastructure automation leveraging a declarative GitOps approach across multiple infrastructure domains. Help us extend and leverage our capabilities across network, compute, virtualization and containerized functions. Prior experience with full stack automation, CI/CD, Git, Jenkins, Python, Golang and Chef, OpenStack, and Kubernetes are critical. Familiarity with cloud native design patterns, edge computing solutions, and API development are highly desirable.
Summary of Key Responsibilities Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following: Technical Design and Implementation
- Develops software solutions to business problems. Leverages established design patterns and coding standards. Builds solutions that are secure, durable, scalable, accessible, and self-healing.
- Participates in the solution design process: requirements gathering and backlog refinement, shapes and guides systems approach, helps with project initiation, contributes to functional design and development. Provides transparency in approach and progress.
- Automates test coverage per platform capabilities and requirements. Establishes and maintains continuous build and integration testing on applicable platforms and assists with manual system and integration testing efforts.
- Operates in both waterfall and Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes and methodologies.
- Partners with cross functional teams, such as Infrastructure, Security, Architecture, QA and key Development teams, to drive designs and solutions to ensure compliant, secure, and supportable solutions.
- Deepens vendor relationships to understand and influence vendor product offerings and roadmaps, improves support engagement, and gains insight into technology trends.
- Contributes to the platform development community by providing input, content, and feedback on design patterns, coding standards, and shared libraries.
- Fulfills responsibilities for on call support, including potential coverage of pager rotation.
- Initiates and leads root cause analysis efforts to identify and implement solutions to operational issues.
- Assists with the creation and reporting of operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on items such as platform performance and service incidents.
- Collaboratively and effectively identifies systemic problems that need holistic solutions and provides feedback into platform roadmap exercises.
- Creates and maintains documentation supporting training, system administration, deployment, and operational processes.
- 4-8 years of professional industry experience with software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge and experience designing and developing complex software systems.
- Working understanding of application architecture, infrastructure, security concepts, and technical implementation.
- Thorough understanding of relevant platform and applications, including established APIs, system activity components, process flows, underlying data models, business logic, and application configuration.
- Capability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues both during development and in production operation.
- 2-3 years of experience in Go and/or Python development.
- Ability to successfully work remotely while balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Aptitude and eagerness to investigate and learn new technologies and trends as they become relevant for the business and our platforms.
- Ability to write and value high quality, reusable software with minimal defects.
- Ability to work directly with users to understand, diagnose, and propose solutions to their problems.
- Experience in designing and developing relevant enhancements on top of industry COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf) applications that differentiate and provide competitive advantage.
- Knowledge of business context and trends, as well as the business customers' opportunities. Awareness of the functional aspects of the solution.
- Capable of developing and deploying cloud-native software and infrastructure (AWS or Azure) in an automated fashion.
- Exhibits leadership qualities with an emphasis on coaching, mentoring and collaborating with fellow engineers.
- Shows strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Effectively uses facts and data to build support for solutions across teams and stakeholders.
- Capable of working either independently on tasks or as a collaborative unit as best fits the problem at hand.
- Ability to negotiate priorities, approach, design and ideas with team members and customers.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website