Now Brewing – savory, Princi Kitchen lead #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
This position contributes to Princi Kitchens success by organizing and executing food preparation in large quantities. Assists Head Savory Chef in food production for all food locations, catering events, and other functions. Position will assist with food production tasks as needed, and ensures that quality and cost standards are consistently attained. This position supervises cooks and prep cooks, supports the management of inventory, training, production planning and scheduling and insures compliance with quality and sanitation requirements. This position may supervise additional Princi Kitchen roles, as needed.
Partner must model and act in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles and company policies.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Prepares a wide variety of savory products, soups and sauces according to prescribed recipes and/or supervises the preparation of these items according to prescribed recipes
• Leads the savory team in the organization and execution of timely food preparation.
• Supervision of savory production team and other kitchen partners when the management team is not present
• Supports hiring and training activities including assistance with stage & working-interviews
• Assists with sanitation, food safety, related production activities
• Leads training the Team on lot tracking and logging production and HACCP logs
• Cleans and maintains work areas, utensils, and equipment
• Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment, and other areas as appropriate
• Scaling recipes for production; familiar with using gram/kilogram scales and units of measure
• Assist Head Savory Chef with paperwork, logs, production as needed
• Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, presentation, and flavor of foods including making recommendations when product is not to Gold Standard
• Provides training and coaching for staff as needed
Summary of Experience
Savory Cooking Experience in a Professional Kitchen: 3+ years
Health Code Certification: Current
Safe Serve Certification: Current
Lead Culinary Team Supervising 5+ staff: 2 years
• Ability to work on your feet for long periods of time
• Ability to lift and carry 35lbs on a consistent basis and up to 55lbs occasionally
• Model adherence to personal hygiene and standards of dress consistent with food safety standards of commercial kitchens.
• Data entry; Basic working knowledge of computers
• Basic math and English abilities
Apply on company website