Job Summary and Mission This position contributes to Starbucks success by leading high performing teams on Global Technology Retail System Engineering, Retail Inventory, and Retail Materials Management, projects ranging from basic platform enhancement efforts to complex enterprise product implementations, conversions, and upgrades. As a senior project manager, you will partner closely with IT and business stakeholders, collaborating on project planning and execution, and project delivery. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops a deep understanding of projects within the program portfolio, manages assigned projects with a clear understanding of business and IT context, and develops an understanding of cross-program portfolio dependencies.
- Drives complex, cross-functional enterprise projects, leading multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Leads high performing, cross-functional, often globally distributed teams.
- Works independently, with limited day-to-day guidance from senior program management leadership.
- Performs core project management duties, including guiding the project through formal approval and funding gates; developing a project plan that includes a detailed budget, project timeline, detailed task-driven schedule, project RACI and resource plan, and communication plan; and managing project execution from analysis/design through build, test, and deployment.
- When leading an Agile project, partners closely with the scrum master and product owner on all activities.
- Ensures that project status reports are relevant, transparent, and add value.
- Partners with relevant IT and business hiring managers to ensure that the project has the skillsets and resources required for delivery.
Summary of Experience
- 3+ years experience as a project manager in IT or a software development setting.
- 5+ years experience working in IT or a software development setting.
- 5+ years Experience in a Supply Chain domain, with specific experiences (Business or Technology) in high volume large network retail operations, inventory planning and management, and omni-channel multi-device enablement
- Minimum of three years' experience as a project manager in IT or a software development setting; must have at least five years overall experience working in IT or a software development setting.
- Experience using Agile methods including Scrum, Kanban, SAFe4 and working on complex, integrated platforms required.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or Management preferred.
- Domain knowledge of Supply Chain Business Systems, with focus on inventory management and ordering systems.
- Demonstrated project management experience implementing large ERP solutions, e.g. Microsoft Dynamics, JDA, Oracle EBS, etc.
- PMP, PgMP, and Scrum Master Certifications are a plus.
- Experience with JIRA, Trello, TEAMs, SharePoint, SmartSheets and Confluence experience is a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Leadership and Communication:
- Leads by example and builds teams with a confident and positive attitude, patience, honesty and integrity, and a strong sense of commitment.
- Has the ability to know what is possible and what is not, and to know how to navigate project engagements efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to engage in difficult conversations that result in positive, actionable outcomes.
- Ability to navigate complex and diverse landscapes effectively.
- Seeks and provides honest, transparent feedback.
- Ability to build and lead high-performing project teams.
- Ability to set expectations and hold individuals and team members accountable to their commitments.
- Drives decision-making that flavors compromise and alignment over consensus-building.
- Good facilitation skills; ability to adapt approach to different types of engagements.
- Good written and verbal communication.
Acumen and Learning Agility:
- Understanding of IT program and portfolio management practices.
- Expert-level knowledge of standards and practices for IT project and program lifecycle management activities and deliverables.
- Clear understanding of project technical activities, including: (1) solution analysis and design; (2) enterprise, solution, and infrastructure architecture; (3) systems integration; (4) data conversion and migration; (5) environment management and build processes; and (6) deployment planning and execution.
- Expertise in MS Project (Project Server) and at least one program portfolio management tool, such as MS Project Portfolio Management (PPM).
- Advanced skills in the MS Office Product Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Job Scope
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website