Now Brewing – Materials Specialist! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
The Starbucks experience starts in our Roasting Plants where we have a dedicated team of professional roasters and supporting process teams including planning, warehouse management, packaging, roasting, maintenance, engineering and logistics.
As a materials specialist, you will:
- Complete required documentation of raw material movement. Maintain scheduled production throughout levels to meet team goals for reliability and budget standards.
- Coordinate movement of raw materials from the warehouse to production locations. Initiate material moves to Work in Process (WIP) locations based on data from transfer reports. Review and act upon messages from the computerized inventory system.
- Manage dock door and track incoming purchase orders. Work with scheduling partners to identify shortages in production plan and communicate to appropriate departments and partners.
- Work with the materials management team and Support Center to resolve material variances, set up new raw materials in work-in-process locations, perform inventory counts, reconcile and make visual checks of on-hand raw materials and execute test requests.
- Understand and follow established safety guidelines, programs and procedures; and actively work to prevent safety incidents.
- Support food safety, legality and quality programs.
- Maintain product quality through adherence to good manufacturing practices, Food Safety Preventative Controls, product specifications and quality procedures. Monitor and document quality measures using analytical tools.
- Perform other duties as needed in support of business objectives and Starbucks Mission & Values.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
We're proud to invest in you and offer these special incentives to eligible partners (employees):
- Comprehensive health coverage (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Arizona State University College Achievement Plan: FULL tuition reimbursement towards bachelor's degree
- Highly competitive 401(k) program with company match at 5%
- Stock equity reward program (annual grants)
- Health savings, vacation savings & health and wellness programs
- Paid vacation (prorated vacation allowance on day one), sick leave and personal days
We'd love to hear from people with the following experience:
- Manufacturing or distribution environment (2 years)
- Regulated food manufacturing environment (1 year)
- High school diploma/GED, US military service or equivalent
- Ability to and communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to collect, record and report on material requirements using manual or automated systems
- Ability to perform inventory counts and identify ways to minimize material outages
- Ability to operate stand up reach trucks and counterbalance powered industrial trucks
- Ability to understand written policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work in accordance with safety, quality and sanitation standards, policies and procedures
- Ability to work variable shifts to support business needs
- Knowledge of Material Resource Planning (MRP) systems and their applications
- Forklift Operator certification (Preferred)
- Familiarity with food safety regulatory requirements and global standards including Preventive Controls for Human Food (FDA Code of Federal Regulations) and the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). Experience with the GFSI certification schemes (i.e. BRC and/or or SQF). (Preferred)
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website