From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and itsrich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known fordeveloping and supporting partners (employees) who share this passion and areguided by their service to others.
To inspire and nurture the human spirit –
one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.
Starbucks LicensedStores is a strategic business unit that brings the Starbucks Experience towhere our customers live, work, and play. We are focused on driving creativeand profitable solutions for the company and our business partners.
This role helps to contribute to the success of the company by identifying andsecuring strategic Licensed Stores business partners to enhance the Starbucksbrand through ownership of market strategy, business development, negotiations,relationship management and program adoption.
As a market development manager you will:
Strategic Sales &Account Management
- Identify, source and secure new brand-appropriate business partnerships for a portfolio of licensed stores across multiple provinces and channels including, but not limited to: college and university, hospitality, health care and entertainment venues.
- Create and implement comprehensive strategies to develop integrated market plans for growing our Licensed Store portfolio across your respective territory.
Market Planning & Portfolio Management
- Manage the market planning process, including all aspects of Licensed Store market development; tour new markets as well as existing markets with anticipated renewals, remodels, requested expansions or potential closures; develop strategic plans accordingly
- Actively build sales pipeline by cold-calling and prospecting to secure and solidify new partnerships.
- Coordinate design and construction issues with internal partners and with Licensee
- Collaborate internally across multiple functions to effectively develop markets in line with company mission, values, and strategy
- Driveand steer projects to implementation
- Leadcross functional team members to ensure project deliverables are achieved. Teammembers include but are not limited to; Licensed Store Business Development,Design, Legal and Operations.
- Demonstratea strong desire to help others succeed and live Starbucks mission and values.
- Demonstrateself-motivation and a growth mindset, operate autonomously, and deliver resultswithout supervision.
We'd love to hear frompeople with:
· - Bachelor's degree
· - Master of BusinessAdministration (MBA) degree (preferred)
· - 5+ years direct cold callingexperience
· - 5+ years direct outsideB2B sales or business development experience
· - 5+ years directexperience negotiating complex agreements and contracts with executives
· - 5+ years franchisingand/or licensing experience in food and/or beverage
· - Advanced understandingof business strategy and strategic planning skills
· - Deep industry knowledgeof key segments to include, but not limited to: Business & Industry, College &University, Hospitality, Healthcare, Grocery and Entertainment
· - Functional knowledge ofmarketing, operations, finance, and competitive strategy
· - Ability to adaptstrategies, plans and thrive in ambiguous and competitive environments
· - Expertise at simplifyingcomplicated material to communicate in a concise and effective way
· - Ability to travel30%-40% of your time
· - Bilingual fluency (French and English) as an asset
Let us give you theopportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself. It's time for you #tobeapartner. Apply today!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunityemployer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans& individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employmentqualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with allfederal, provincial, and local ordinances.
Apply on company website