Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by helping to deliver reliable, scalable, and secure retail network engineering services. The span of influence covers Starbucks retail network services globally. Provides operational support for production systems as needed and manages technology subject matter experts in data networking (LAN, WAN, and wireless), network configuration and capacity management, and network security. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles. Summary of Key Responsibilities: Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following: Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Guides and directs team; Allocates resources, sets priorities and resolves conflicts.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Monitors and manages performance of strategic information technology service providers.
- Oversees and ensures the successful implementation of changes to the technical environment.
- Monitors expenses and ensures that operating costs are within or below budget.
- Establishes, monitors and ensures achievement of department goals and objectives.
- Contributes to the development of the annual operating plan and budget, and quarterly forecast updates.
- Participates in setting infrastructure strategy.
- Serves as a focal point for account management of vendors used by the team or solution delivery projects.
- Collaborates with other Information Technology groups and business units/departments to identify opportunities and provide input to projects and proposals.
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results
Summary of Experience This position involves serving as the manager of the Retail Network Engineering team within the Retail Infrastructure Engineering organization. Applicants should have strong experience in all aspects of Local and Wide-Area Networking, wireless services, and carrier management, preferably in a predominantly Juniper or Cisco/Meraki environment. In addition, the ideal candidate would have background in or exposure to load balancing, firewalls, and physical plant/structured wiring.
- Juniper networking equipment
- Cisco/Meraki networking equipment
- Aruba wireless networking equipment
- Wide-area carrier management
- Network performance troubleshooting and management tools
- Network capacity management tools
- Cisco or Juniper firewall management
- Structured wiring
- IPSEC VPN technologies
- 3-5 years of progressive management experience leading highly technical teams, managing standards, and driving solution development and delivery.
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to manage human, financial and material resources
- Ability to plan, organize and implement plans and programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Knowledge of current technology, industry concepts, trends and directions
- Ability to manage resolution of problems
- Progressive experience managing varied systems in large centralized, decentralized or distributed environment
- Technical expertise in planning, setting and sustaining infrastructure standards and leading and participating in projects to deliver solutions.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website