Job Summary and Mission
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
This job contributes to Starbucks success by delivering high-quality, reliable, and stable technologies and security capabilities in support of the Starbucks Engineering Platform. This position is accountable for the installation, configuration, monitoring, analysis, maintenance, and technical support of the platform.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
- Support the platform development team and perform activities to resolve developer issues in a timely and accurate fashion
- Assist with build and release processes
- Ability to effectively manage and partner with technology vendors to deliver against business objectives
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on standards, products, and services in support of Starbucks Technology
- Ensures application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with Company standards and practices
- Implements all technologies in accordance with Information Security's guiding principles for highly sensitive data
- Provide high-availability operational support and automate solutions across the environment
- Implements deep telemetry capabilities to provide ongoing success and performance metrics
- Is knowledgeable in Operational IT Management to include Change Management, Release Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management
- Implements service monitoring across all platforms to ensure continuous availability and operational continuity of critical systems
- Upholds company policies, and legal/regulatory requirements, such as (but not limited to) PCI
- Implements and maintains system configurations and baselines to support secure application development software control best practices and standards
- Provides support to team members in order to achieve partners, business, and customer results
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics •
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and cross-functional team environment
- Models leadership behaviors that are grounded in Starbucks Mission and Values.
- Drives the engagement, development and performance of all members of their team.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Education (minimum education level, degree or certification necessary)
- 8-10 years of professional industry experience with software development and operations
- 5 years of managing systems or application development projects of all sizes and complexities, including large systems
- 3-5 years of leading or managing small technical teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Skills (minimum skills required):
- 10+ years of experience in network administration, and systems engineering
- 8+ years of experience leading high performing technology teams
- 5+ years of experience with network administration and database administration
- 5+ years utilizing logging, monitoring, and alerting solutions, and/or similar solutions as a system administrator
- 5+ years' experience in one of the following: Java, C++, Perl, Go, or Python.
- 3+ years of experience with industry leading load-balancing technologies
- 3+ years of database engineering, administration, and support
- 3+ years utilizing logging, monitoring, and alerting solutions, and/or similar solutions as a system administrator
- Experience in the design, implementation and delivery of sophisticated build/test/release infrastructure.
- Knowledge in application development and supporting a development environment
- Experience with highly virtualized environments and cloud technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as SOX, PCI, HIPAA, Data Protection, etc.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing high capacity, redundant, and mission critical environments
- Knowledge in databases and comfortable with various open-source databases
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, VLAN, IP sub netting, proxies and firewalls
- Experience with Network or Application Firewalls and/or IDS/IPS
- Experience supporting LDAP services in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated ability to automate repetitive tasks using a common scripting or programming language
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
Years of experience in specific field or utilizing designated skills (minimum needed to be qualified): 10+ years
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website