Now Brewing – Distribution Specialist! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
At the Distribution Center, we keep a vast array of Starbucks products flowing from suppliers to customers across the globe. This important work happens in an environment that values safety, teamwork, diversity & inclusion, and shared success.
As a distribution specialist, you will:
- Performs a range of shipping, receiving and inventory control duties, including loading and unloading of trailers, replenishing stock, filling orders, providing inventory services, and completing required documentation of product movement.
- Ensures quality by continually reviewing work to detect and correct errors.
- Safely and effectively operates a variety of powered industrial trucks to perform various distribution tasks.
- Demonstrates and understands safety as a core value and follows the key essentials to safety as set forth by our safety resolution; reinforces and coaches others to do the same.
- Understands and follows established safety guidelines, consistently complies with all safety procedures (e.g. PPE, Lock Out Tag Out).
- Supports food safety, legality and quality programs.
- Maintains product quality through adherence to good manufacturing practices, Food Safety Preventative Controls, product specifications and quality procedures. Monitors and documents quality measures using analytical tools.
- Performs other duties as needed in support of business objectives and Starbucks Mission & Values.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
We're proud to invest in you and offer these special incentives to eligible partners (employees):
- Comprehensive health coverage (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Arizona State University College Achievement Plan: FULL tuition reimbursement towards bachelor's degree
- Highly competitive 401(k) program with company match at 5%
- Stock equity reward program (annual grants)
- Health savings, vacation savings & health and wellness programs
- Paid vacation (prorated vacation allowance on day one), sick leave and personal days
We'd love to hear from people with:
- High school diploma/GED, US military service or equivalent
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to follow verbal and written direction
- Ability to understand written policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards Familiarity with computerized inventory and order selection systems
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance
- Ability to operate required material handling equipment
- Ability to work on elevated equipment
- Ability to work with a diverse team environment
- Ability to work in accordance with safety, quality and sanitation standards, policies and procedures o Ability to work variable shifts to support business needs
- Distribution/Warehouse experience (1 year)
- Experience operating a stand-up powered industrial truck (1 year)
- Familiarity with food safety regulatory requirements and global standards including Preventive Controls for Human Food (FDA Code of Federal Regulations) and the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). Experience with the GFSI certification schemes (i.e. BRC and/or or SQF)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website