Job Purpose and Mission
At Starbucks we understand the advantages of excellent customer experience, and how it drives brand loyalty and digital adoption.
Starbucks are prioritising the acceleration of digital services that drive customer acquisition, and retention through loyalty programmes in all markets across the EMEA region, and the associated digital experiences that customers have come to expect.
Starbucks is a business built on human connections, where the Digital Customer Experience & Loyalty team find opportunities to inspire and delight our customers at every digital touchpoint. We look to understand our customers feelings as they interact with our brand, their needs from our brand, and we strive to remove the pain-points at every interaction; innovating and driving experiences which are effortless and filled with best moments.
The team's core KPIs are to grow Active Membership of Starbucks Rewards, grow Revenue through Starbucks Rewards, and grow Revenue through Starbucks Delivers. The highly personalised digital customer experiences for Starbucks Rewards Members, designed and delivered as part of this role, are central to driving these measures of success.
Key Job Dimensions & Scope of Role
As Digital Customer Experience Manager for Membership & Personalisation, you will be responsible for defining and driving a best -in-class personalised cross-channel digital experience for our Starbucks Rewards members. The role is London-based with occasional travel throughout the EMEA region.
The Digital Customer Experience Manager (Membership & Personalisation) will:
- Report into the senior manager for Digital Customer Experience
- Work in unison with the other Digital Customer Experience managers in the team to ensure we provide a seamless end-to-end experience, for Starbucks members
- Utilise all available digital channels, including but not limited to Web and App, to ensure Starbucks Rewards Members have a superior personalised digital experience, over and above that of our competitors
- Drive conversations with senior stakeholders across EMEA markets to align business drivers, KPIs and requirements for Starbucks Rewards membership
- Work with our customer research partners to understand our customers goals
- Use digital analytics to review customer behaviour and identify pain points across Membership journeys
- Work closely with Starbucks International data scientists and experience teams to leverage successful personalisation and member initiatives from around the Starbucks world
- Manage a process of UIUX discovery and design to identify and define CX opportunities which better meet customer needs and resolve pain points
- Be the point of contact for identifying and communicating customer needs and pinpoints across your journey's digital touchpoints
- Collaborate closely with the tech team to drive through the digital capabilities required to mature and optimise your journeys.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree calibre candidate
- Experience of managing digital customer journeys
- Extensive experience with digital personalisation and / or segmentation programmes of work
- Highly experienced in defining requirements in the digital technology space
- Experience of Mobile & Web applications, UX design/delivery, ideally in the retail or hospitality sector
- Proven ability to work with external technology teams (developers, system integrators, architects) to shape development & delivery sprints (both in an agile and waterfall environment)
- Creative but pragmatic thinker with ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- First-rate collaboration skills
- Ability present ideas and results and secure buy-in at with senior stakeholders
- Stakeholder management at all levels, both internal and external
- Ability to build relationships and galvanise individuals in virtual teams for delivering common objectives
- Ability to design and drive requirements workshops, and demonstrable experience with prioritisation of requirements in contentious settings
- Experience of delivering complex projects successfully within a matrix organisation
- Able to navigate through ambiguity in a large, complex multi-national.
Key Contacts – Internal
- Digital Customer Experience & Loyalty team
- Marketing & Product team
- Regional Technology
- Retail Operations
- Food Safety team
- Global Digital Customer Experience & Loyalty team
Key Contacts – External
- Delivery aggregators across the EMEA region
- Customer experience and marketing agencies
- Research and analytics agencies
- Geo and licensed operators in EMEA
- Technology vendors
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the role and is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties that may be required. Management reserves the right to amend the responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder as dictated by business requirements.
Apply on company website