Job Purpose and Mission
Starbucks Channel Development is a close-knit, high-performing business unit with a mandate to amplify the power & reach of the Starbucks brand, with care, outside of coffeehouses.
In EMEA, the Channel Development organization is made up of three divisions – Ready-to-Drink Coffee (RTD), At-Home Coffee (AHC), Foodservice (FS) – with each operating via a distinct partnership business model. Our vision is to create 4Bn moments of brand connection across EMEA by 2025.
Starbucks launched its RTD business in EMEA in 2010 via a strategic, 21-year licensing partnership with Arla. Since then, the business has skyrocketed & Starbucks has become the undisputed leader of the RTD category across EMEA. Today, Starbucks RTD is present in over 55 EMEA markets & is continuing to grow at double-digit rates.
Starbucks is committed to future-proofing this growth momentum & is pursuing bold strategies & plans in order to do so.
Supporting the marketing manager to help define the future strategy of Starbucks RTD, including activating many aspects of the business including a brand and communications strategy. As part of the licensing structure, collaborating with the Arla team to work together towards our ambitious goal will be critical to success. This role is not only the critical driver of the RTD marketing function, it also holds a major responsibility in managing, building and influencing the relationship with Arla.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
This role is a major contributor to driving the Starbucks RTD EMEA vision: To become the undisputed leader in RTD coffee
The role includes:
- Comprehensive base business management for multiple RTD Coffee platforms
- Develop tactics to activate the Starbucks RTD strategy and plans for Europe and Middle East
- Support development of the annual brand plans and create compelling internal selling stories and analysis for plans
- Support in developing best in class creative & communications plan that delivers into Starbucks unique tone of voice
- Develop deep understanding of consumers, customers, and categories in EMEA
- Execute consumer research and deliver actionable insights
- Leads the development of annual operating plans for specific platforms
- Initiates and completes analysis (financial, category or consumer) to influence strategic plans, assess performance and drive business forward
- Drive commercial performance reviews, category deep dives and annual brand reviews
- Strong collaboration across regions and channels required to gain a deep understanding of their market needs from a consumer and business standpoint
- Manages project teams and timelines to launch programs. Strong leadership of cross-functional partners required to ensure successful delivery.
- Create and sustain strong relationship with licensed partner Arla (manufactures, sells and markets Starbucks RTD products).
- Strong relationships across varying Starbucks business units to ensure marketing message consistency and adherence to brand guardrails.
- Campaign assets and packaging artwork approval.
- Finance and budget management.
- Monitor any competitive activity and seek out relevant wider trends to the brand launch.
Key Contacts – Internal
- Channel Development team EMEA
- Global teams, Seattle
- Starbucks Retail Marketing/Category EMEA
- EMEA support functions: PA/PR, R&D, SCO, PRO, legal & regulatory
Key Contacts – External
- Arla marketing and innovation teams, Denmark
- Marketing agencies: Creative, Social, PR, Research
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Networking expert who thrives on building strong relationships and working collaboratively
- Leading autonomously within an entrepreneurial environment, yet ensures full alignment across functions and levels, and has strong influencing skills
- Builds trust and respect and ability to engage, influence and collaborate across countries and cultures
- Is passionate about championing the consumer / shopper and building / nurturing the brand
- Flexible and agile
- Brilliant communicator both orally and in writing
- Entrepreneurial, results driven and creative
- Strong project management skills – planning and prioritisation
- Compelling experience managing brands in an FMCG environment is required (minimum 5-7 years) and working for multinational companies
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the role and is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties that may be required. Management reserves the right to amend the responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder as dictated by business requirements.
Apply on company website