About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible as Return and/or Data Owner for Non-Financial Regulatory Reports (NFRR) with no defined Client Journey (CJ) operations unit owner for submission to the local regulator
- Responsible for the reconciliation of tax related activities that flow into tax related forms submitted internally to Country Finance and/or the local regulatory
- Act as reliever for other Support function activities in the absence of the primary job holders
- Assist the Country Information and Cyber Security (ICS) Lead in performing activities related to the 1st line ICS Role.
- Carry out other activities which may be assigned from time to time
- Non-Financial Regulatory Reporting
- As Return Owner
- Maintain a copy of the list of Non-Financial Regulatory Returns
- Consolidate data from the various data owners and ensuring accurate and timely submissions to the regulatory body
- Accurate and timely updating of the Regulatory Reporting Risk Register (RRR)
- As Data Owner
- Ensure accurate and timely submission to the regulatory body
- As Return Owner
- Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of tax data and preparation of tax forms for submission either internally to Country Finance, and/or local regulatory body
- Generic eMail and EUCs
- Ownership of the generic email used in sending the reports to the regulators, including the user/matrix access review
- Ownership of EUCs used in generating the regulatory reports and/ or the reconciliation process including maintaining documentary evidence / approval on the use of the EUC. Ensuring that the EUC is properly registered in the portal, and reviewed on an annual basis.
- Information and Cyber Security
- Assist the Country ICS Lead in completing and submitting a monthly risk profile to ISO for review/approval within the agreed timelines
- Assist the Country ICS Lead in coordinating with the respective Business and Function on the identification of Information Assets, Information Asset Owners, Information Asset CIA rating, Information Systems Owner and Information Custodian.
- Assist the Country ICS Lead in identifying risks through the risk profile process.
- Assist the ICS lead in coordinating with the respective stakeholders for ICS related regulatory reporting requirements
- GRU SPOC (Single Point of Contact)
- Liaise with GRU for all matrix related activities as the authorized person to advice any amendments to the current matrix.
- Responsible for understanding the Group's business strategy and its implications to the role
- Responsible for supporting COO initiatives at the country level
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Business Continuity Plan
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the department's BCP, actively participate in the BCP testing, providing timely feedback on BCP matters, and make themselves available during contingency situations. Should be fully conversant and knowledgeable of the most updated BCP and keeps a copy of the departments' call tree readily accessible at his/her place of residence.
- Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money Laundering and KYC in the day to day operations, which include, account opening and review, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions, customer communication, implementing new requirements, updating and revising operating procedures, acquire relevant knowledge and training, provide support to superior and subordinates.
- To drive and take ownership of overall effectiveness of the Anti-Money Laundering regime in the business and ensure that appropriate local procedures and internal controls that interpret the Group Policy and Standards and the local law and regulations of Money Laundering Prevention are documented, implemented, maintained and monitored and that colleagues are adequately trained.
Health & Safety
- Take the lead in ensuring compliance to policies and procedures of the Bank, including but not limited to Group and Local Code of Conduct, Health and Safety, Diversity and Inclusion and communicating to the team, the escalation process and approval process, in case of policy breaches.
- Take responsibility in the health and safety (H&S) aspects within area of control. Making sure that effective arrangements are in place to manage incidents and emergencies. And that staff understand what actions to take in the event of any such emergency.
- Ensure that employees are adequately trained and supervised. This training includes induction for new employees and those new to the area. Training also includes continuous education as required for employees to perform their tasks in a safe manner, i.e. they should understand the importance of reporting incidents and accidents.
- SCB Internal units
- Local Regulatory Body
- Perform other responsibilities under Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting and Reconciliation process
- Relevant business experience in operations, business analysis or project management
- Clear understanding of the Bank's Enterprise Risk Framework (ERMF) or equivalent experience gained in other organisations
- Demonstrated history of applying sound judgement with critical thinking skills and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong analytical skills, detail-focused with the ability to interpret large volume of information
- Problem solving skills with ability to influence across all levels of business
- Ability to independently drive initiatives with minimum hands-on supervision
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
Apply on company website