About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Strategy (Responsibilities that are related to the development and implementation of a strategy)
- To provide daily support in regulatory Compliance team, focusing on new regulation collection and dissemination, regulatory reporting system maintenance, BCP coordination internal and external communication, team BAU administrative matters.
Business (Responsibilities related to the delivery of business and / or financial objectives)
- Register the new regulatory reporting requests and be responsible for regulatory reporting information system maintenance
- Monitor new regulations/regulatory survey and timely distribute to Regulation handling team and survey handling team for disseminate
- Support team and stakeholder for regulatory report submission and tracking
- BCP coordination internal and external communication, team BAU administrative matters.
Processes (Processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line;for executing / completing, and for supervising)
- Follow Compliance Risk Type Framework for managing risks, ensuring that Compliance risks remain within the agreed risk appetite.
- Follow appropriate processes for escalation and resolution where losses or issues occur, in relation to operational risks owned by Compliance.
- Support line manager for regular CST of critical process, timely escalate the issue from the assessment
Risk Management (Responsibilities Under Risk Management Framework – both execution and supervisory)
- Proactive identification of compliance risks and ensuring these are managed and escalated appropriately and timely
People and Talent (Responsibilities related to people and talent matters)
- Increasing engagement with a range of stakeholders within the business and the functions
- Take responsibility for own personal development and training in line with the Banks principles and guidelines.
- Ensure all mandatory training is completed on time.
- Contribute to the development and production of suite of management information for senior stakeholders, including KPIs, KRIs and trending analyses where possible based on knowledge of specific reviews
- Manage internal and external vendor resources as needed to ensure successful planning and execution of deliverables
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Focus on continuous improvement initiatives to better serve the business.
Regulatory & Business conduct (The below is mandatory standard wording, do not remove)
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for supporting the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Function and Business Segment staff who managing regulatory reporting and data
- Good communication skill with an understanding of key relation sips, and good team work with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent implementation cooperation skills including strong financial management capability with tenacity to drive through results
- Excellent presentation written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and creative approach to work, self-motivated and pragmatic. Takes responsibility and accountability for own tasks.
Apply on company website