About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role:
Follow Group's procedure for risk assurance, inspect and report any exceptions found during assessment process. Assist the implementation of operation risk framework and improvement of operational risk awareness.Key Responsibilities:
- Independently conduct Group stipulated operational assurance measures, including but not limited to KCSA, CST and KCI.
- Arrange sample collection from relevant branches or related function BAU team for assessment purpose according to checking requirements.
- Investigate the background, nature, root cause of any found exception cases; work closely with function UORM in executing agreed action plans for mitigation.
- Ensure timely submission of checking results, and closely monitor checking items which are remotely conducted at nominated branches.
- Timely log, report and escalate any found exceptions and irregular cases to related function UORMs.
- Identify and report any weaknesses, gaps and duplicates in existing control standards.
- Assist related function UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management.
- Assist in certain projects that enhance the risk control and assurance within operations.
- Attend and complete internal and external training to be skilled and qualified for the job.
- Comply with the Money Laundering Prevention Policy/Guideline/Procedure and the Code of Conduct
- College/University degree with 5 years of related banking experience
- Knowledge in PBOC/SAFE/CBRC regulations of related functions.
- Good knowledge of related operation procedures
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Good Interpersonal skills and team-working skills
- Computer skills, familiarity with standard office software
- Strong logical thinking, analytical, problem-solving skills.
Apply on company website