About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Corporate, Commercial and Institutional Banking (CCIB) Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance Advisory (CFCC) serves as the second line function to support CCIB businesses in Taiwan in identifying and managing various conduct, regulatory, compliance, and financial crime risks.
We are seeking an experienced compliance professional reporting to Head of CCIB CFCC Advisory Taiwan. The individual provides advice and interpretive guidance to business and stakeholders, facilitates policy and regulatory information sharing, and exercises second line challenges to business proposals, procedures, policies, and practices.
The role also assists in special projects including advising on new products, implementing new group/regional policies, and analysing and assisting the implementation of new regulatory requirements.
- Live the core values and Code of Conduct of Standard Chartered group. Lead by example and act as a role model.
- Assist Head of CCIB CFCC Advisory in mentoring and managing CFCC team members, including providing supportive guidance to a Branch Compliance Officer at SCB Taiwan Branch. Provide peer level assistance or leadership as needed.
- Provide advice on client segments (corporate and financial institution) and products; the later primarily comprise Transaction Banking (securities services, trade finance, cash management) and Financial Markets, and their sub-units.
- Represent CFCC Advisory in various internal and external meetings and forums. Analyze, advise, and challenge proposals from CCIB business and relevant functional units.
- Prepare and issue compliance advice, guidance and written processes.
- Assist Head of CCIB CFCC Advisory in managing various projects.
- Partner with key stakeholders including Regional and Group CFCC colleagues, country (Taiwan) business functions and their Unit Compliance Officers (UCO), other second line functions, including Internal Audit, Operations, Property, Finance, etc.
- University graduate in accounting, laws, business, or other relevant disciplines.
- More than 10 years prior experience working with regulators or complex financial institutions, or in a professional capacities in connection with CFCC core duties.
- Strong local experience in advising on corporate banking service and relevant financial products, combined with substantial level of exposure to international best practices in banking services and products.
- A strong communicator, and be comfortable with interacting with all levels of colleagues up to senior executives at country, regional, and group levels. Highly proficiency in verbal and written communications, in both English and Chinese Language.
- Preferably having passed local Taiwan industry examinations on Banking Industry Internal Control and Audits (銀行內部控制與內部稽核測驗) and other relevant examination subjects.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
Apply on company website