About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
PURPOSE: • The primary purpose for the Analyst of the Monitoring NCB team within the FCSU is to perform surveillance activities to detect Money Laundering or Terrorist Financing activities by focusing on the initial assessment of risk events as first stage in the AAA (Assess, Analyze, Act) process.
1. Primary Responsibilities: • Assess risk events, created by the Monitoring systems or created manually, to identify unusual customer behavior and escalate such unusual patterns for Analysis. Perform the assessment in accordance with the procedure laid down in the AAA processes and Country Addendum. Processing of pre-cases should be within the turnaround time (TAT) and should adhere to the quality guidelines. • Share best practices with peers and support in creating a ‘FCC Risk Management Culture of Excellence'. • Ensure Technology / Risk issues identified are reported and escalated to the Manager in a timely manner. • Ensure regulatory requests received from country relating to AML are promptly attended to. • Complete all mandatory e-learning modules within stipulated timelines and attend trainings for which nominated • Uphold the values of the Group at all times • Assist the Associate Manager / Manager in BCP / DR testing in addition to taking appropriate measure for managing crisis situation. • Assist the Associate Manager / Manager in Service management of the surveillance service to the countries. • Specialize in the identification of unusual customer behavior of the Monitoring NCB customer segments being Retail, Private Banking and Corporates. • Work in Shift according to Business requirement.
2. Adhoc Responsibilities: • Participate in testing and other activities required for the running of the unit. • Assist in preparation of various MIS. • When required by the Business, act as the backup for the Senior Analyst. • Cooperate and support the management in implementation of any other initiative that may arise during the course of the year. COMPETENCIES:
Competency Proficiency Level
Partner with the business to make decisions based on the knowledge and interpretation of current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information of financial crimeCore
Partner with Business and Operational Risk to identify and mitigate financial compliance risksCore
Resolve escalation of potential suspicious activitiesCore
Conclude investigations of potential and actual non-compliant activitiesIntermediate
Review system safeguards and recommend process enhancementsEntry
Detect and confirm patterns of behavior by analysing structured and unstructured data including large data volumes.Intermediate
Deliver sustainableEntry Take the lead Entry
Additional Specific Role Requirements:
1. Two to Four years of experience working in any of the following departments: • AML and Terrorist Financing Surveillance • or Screening (name or transaction) • or banking operations • or in analyzing structure/ unstructured data for a multi-national bank.
2. Knowledge on Financial Crime Compliance and banking: • Good understanding of banking products and related transactions with a special focus on at least one of the following customer segments: Retail, Private Banking or Corporates. • Understanding of the fundamentals of Money Laundering typologies and techniques, Sanctions regulations and guidelines • Has an overview of the end –to-end monitoring process flow • Understands operational risks and controls • Experience with AML surveillance systems such as Mantas or Detica.
3. Other tools and techniques: • Able to analyze data trends and out of pattern activities with guidance from tenured team members • Has working knowledge on Internet, MS Office Suite and is able to use this knowledge effectively at work
4. Behavioral: • Facilitate collaboration, networking and alignment within and across teams • Builds the culture of coming up with solutions than problems • Seek and apply best practices and ideas
5. Excellent communication in English (articulation and writing).
Reports Directly to: Associate Manager / Manager, Transaction Monitoring
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Apply on company website