About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Lead the Razor 2020 Program Delivery for East Africa countries of Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Botswana and Zimbabwe
- The 2020 key project requirements are to further invest in existing technology infrastructure of Murex 3.1 to replace the legacy application of Opics Africa for front to back trade executions of FX, Fx Swaps, FX Forwards and Money Market Product transactions in Treasury Markets.
- Provide subject matter expertise for Murex, FX, Money Markets, in pseudo Product Owner level of engagement with key stakeholders
- Transform ongoing initiatives towards increased delivery efficiency and business benefit realisation by establishing clear governance, communication and reporting channels and bring out the best of a collaborative team to anticipate critical risks ahead of time and lead initiatives to successful completion
- Work with individual project leads / scrum teams and proactively identify and solve key execution issues, working with partners such as the business Accountable Executive, Product Owners, IT Delivery Head and specialists. Identify and solve portfolio-level issues that cut across multiple initiatives
- Proven track record delivery of complex change, management of delivery issues, risks and project financials providing PSC delivery transparency at all levels.
- Capital Markets consulting experience with a top tier firm and/or with strategy functions of leading banks with a focus on Front-to-back Trading Architecture, Post Trade Management, Operations with a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Minimum of 5 years working experience of Financial Markets, FX trading platforms, front to back execution platforms, Sales Trading, Middle Office and Settlement trade lifecycle functions and applications
- Project Management Industry certification a must (PMP or CSM) practitioner knowledge of AGILE and SCRUM
- Strong senior level network within the Financial Markets industry and to relevant Technology Platform Vendors such as Murex, FIS, Arcadia, Clear stream Euroclear.
- Strategic mindset, with strong understanding of business priorities, operational realities, and technology capabilities. Able to “translate across” business, technology and control functions, and work with segment stakeholders
- Strong leadership and C-level stakeholder management skills in terms of influencing decisions by multiple business, technology and operations teams, and among third party vendors and partners. Able to execute against tightly-defined timelines with diverse teams drawn from different functions, located in different countries, and with matrixed reporting lines
- Ability to engage stakeholders well in both a one-to-one relationships and team environment with a multi-cultural awareness. Proven success of working effectively with people of different backgrounds.
- Excellent professional skills, including verbal, presentation and written communication skills; ability to simultaneously “see the big picture” and manage the details on a day-to-day basis.
- Creative problem-solver with good multi-tasking skills, able to prioritise issues and resolve them efficiently with flexibility and responsiveness in handling changing priorities
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
Apply on company website