About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This is an RM role within the Investors coverage team in FI HK. Candidate will be covering Real Money Funds and Private Banks clients. Responsibility includes managing the allocated portfolio, originate and work on business opportunities presented; deliver agreed budgets; manage deals execution and contributing to team objectives.
In managing an allocated portfolio, the following key responsibilities:
- Develop client relationship at both management and working level and to facilitate development of working relationships between relevant Product Partners (e.g., Transaction Banking, Financial Markets team) and client's business units.
- Self-initiation to fully understand the client needs (through relevant research / client contact) in terms of Transactional Banking, Financial Markets to tailor-made products to meet needs, provide solutions and add value.
- Preparing ahead for client calls – clearly setting out objectives for the call and to maximize value / enhance relationship in the call.
- Work with GAMs, FAMs and Product Partners in maximizing cross-sale opportunities, deepening overall relationship.
- Working with relevant internal stakeholders and provide transaction management support to deals execution
- Actively review/update Deals in Pipeline focusing on priorities consistently with strategic intent and balancing revenue growth with risks.
- Actively review client MIS with Product Partners / Team Head to ensure tracking to agreed objectives.
- Implement rigorous sales discipline for the portfolio:
- Minimum 10 client calls per month
- Effective calling plan, including training calls for team members
- Senior engagement
- Weekly pipeline tracking
- Well documented and timely call report
- Well structured account plan for top relationships
- Responsible for credit risk and credit quality of the portfolio and be able to flag up early warning signals to the Credit function. Effectively communicating and work with client to restructure facilities to minimize Bank's exposures.
- Proactively monitor AML and KYC risk by implementing the Bank's anti-money-laundering procedures including rectification new clients and transaction monitoring.
- Ensure compliance with Bank's Compliance policies and guidelines and have primary responsibility to be ‘Audit-ready' at all times for the allocated portfolio.
- Deliver agreed portfolio revenue targets and objectives.
- Revenue growth and delivery of agreed targets / objectives consistent with overall strategic intent
- Clearly demonstrating up-tiering of key client relationships (cross-sales/product revenue diversification, wallet share and access to senior management)
- Self-initiation of sales process and ability to work with Product Partners to execute a deal
- Demonstration of strong transaction management skills and product knowledge, measured by senior feedback, sales process, client engagement levels and ability to execute agreed account plans.
- Strong credit skills as demonstrated from credit proposals quality, identification of early warning signals; also exercising good capital management controls
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
Apply on company website