About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
This is an RM role within the Investors coverage team in FI HK. Candidate will be working together with team's senior RMs, covering Hedge Funds and Multi Asset Managers. Responsibility includes managing the allocated portfolio, originate and work on business opportunities presented; deliver agreed budgets; manage deals implementation and contributing to team objectives.
In managing an allocated portfolio, the following key responsibilities:
- Develop client relationship and to facilitate development of working relationships between relevant Product Partners (e.g., Transaction Banking, Financial Markets team) and client's business units.
- Self-initiation to fully understand the client needs (through relevant research / client contact) in terms of Transactional Banking, Financial Markets to bring products to meet needs and provide added value solutions.
- Preparing ahead for client calls – clearly setting out objectives for the call and to maximize value / enhance relationship in the call.
- Work with GAMs, FAMs and Product Partners in maximizing cross-sale opportunities, deepening overall relationship.
- Working with relevant internal stakeholders and provide transaction management support to deals execution
- Actively review/update Deals in Pipeline focusing on priorities consistently with strategic intent and balancing revenue growth with risks.
- Actively review client MIS with Product Partners / Team Head to track agreed objectives.
- Implement rigorous sales discipline for the portfolio:
- Effective calling plan
- Senior engagement
- Bi-weekly pipeline tracking
- Well documented and timely call report
- Responsible for credit risk and credit quality of the portfolio and be able to flag up early warning signals to the Credit function. Effectively communicating and work with client to restructure facilities to minimize Bank's exposures.
- Proactively monitor AML and KYC risk by implementing the Bank's anti-money-laundering procedures including rectification new clients and transaction monitoring.
- Ensure compliance with Bank's Compliance policies and guidelines and have primary responsibility to be ‘Audit-ready' at all times for the allocated portfolio.
- Deliver agreed portfolio revenue targets and objectives.
In maintaining client portfolio healthiness, the person is expected to:
- Effectively manage assigned portfolio's account maintenance activities and respond to client queries to ensure the highest level of client service and relationship health - to drive strong client execution.
- Develop strong relationships with key client contacts through proactive client engagement and effective resolution of client issues.
- Ensure ongoing communication with CM TLs and RMs regarding any clients' issues, unusual utilisation patterns, overall client satisfaction levels and any other relevant client feedback.
- Assist resolving issues re client on-boarding, CDD activities, credit documentation and credit monitoring activities
- Provide effective management of client documentation requirements to completion, demonstrating timeliness and quality
- Drive effective risk management controls of the portfolio
- Provide appropriate transactional support and in accordance to bank's controls and policies
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
Apply on company website