About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Linux/UNIX Subject Matter Expert with at least 15 years of multi-vendor UNIX engineering, implementation, and administration.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing global teams
- Provide leadership for the Unix Platforms team members in India
- Spearhead stakeholder management of application leads across the Bank
- Drive documentation of various initiatives for the benefit of the entire team
- Publish articles on the deliveries/solutions developed inhouse
- Audit response / closure of Technology audit action items
- Conduit to gather and channelize operational requirements for automation and process simplification
- Designs technology environments to proper standards with associated documentation and processes and aligned to business requirements. This includes leading and managing projects in adherence with the Agile framework, participating in vendor management, creating/maintaining documentation, and helping to create standards and documentation.
- Gathers requirements from end-users and other key stakeholders to ensure that existing and new technology solutions are in alignment with business needs and Enterprise Architecture defined technology capabilities.
- Partners with Enterprise Architects to determine future needs; participate in planning sessions with Technology Lifecycle Managers to determine how to meet future requirements.
- Partners with Application Development teams on common projects and goals. This may include, but not limited to: deployment and management of appropriate components through the SDM lifecycle, optimization for specific platforms and physical configurations, performance tuning, and oversight of deployment into each environment.
- Knowledge of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Responsible for driving technical service resolution and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates with management to formulate highly complex technical solutions and keeps up to date on technical support products.
- Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
- Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors system maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
- Works closely with team members on testing, upgrades and configuration of system and services.
- Evaluates and ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results.
- University Degree preferred but not essential.
- Banking experience essential
- Very strong knowledge of Redhat Linux.
- Configuration management using modern infrastructure.
- Knowledge about latest market trends.
- Self-starter, able to self-manage with strong collaboration skills and able to interact effectively with others.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deliver.
- Ability to resolve problems and incidents.
- Team player.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
Apply on company website