About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role:
- To ensure a healthy risk management framework in place with the alignment with local regulatory requirement and group.
- To support all risk related governance infrastructure, including ERMF, committees, policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, risk framework and risk appetite.
- To support the implementation of bank wide risk practices and evaluate the effectiveness of them, then make enhancement recommendations to CRO office.
- Coordinate risk committee meetings and prepare meeting materials related to risk for committees such as Board, EXCO.
- Assist in the implementation of ERMF, ERMF management and enhancement.
- Assess the local deviations from group standards process and drive the standardization in country.
- Ensure all local deviations are documented in RPT Country Addenda, approved by the relevant PGC and fully implemented the ERMF.
- Support in country training for ERMF implementation.
- Prepare regulatory responses/returns for CIB&CB Credit part.
- Ensure that all CIB&CB credit-related regulations are properly betted, incorporated into the policies & processes and implemented in credit process. Also ensure that the changes and their implications are informed to all the other internal stakeholders.
- Undertake credit related projects (such as new regulation implementation, survey, etc.) required by local regulations from time to time.
- Assist in Portfolio Guidelines formation and Risk Appetite paper draft, annual/interim Portfolio Standards review.
- Act as CIB&CB Credit Coordinator in both internal and external audit, Q&A sessions, Regulatory Inspections/Discussions, etc.
- Other tasks assigned by senior management.
- Experience in commercial banks risk management functions
- Credit related knowledge, including local credit related law and regulations
- Good communication and coordination skills and project management skills
- Graduate and/or Post-Graduate University degree, preferably in finance, economics or accounting
- Fluent in written/spoken Mandarin and English
Apply on company website