About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
A new role responsible for the end to end development and delivery of Plan to Perform's data Strategy.
Partnering closely with Finance and technology to:
- Lead future state thinking for performance management data management, whilst also developing solutions to more near term challenges
- Evaluate and make decisions around dataset implementations designed and proposed by peer data engineers. Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools. Lead and drive the building of large database models for Balance Sheet, PNL, Cost analytics and ratios
- Lead in the full development life cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery, support, and maintenance.
- To design data reflection optimization using partitions, sorting and virtualized views accelerate query times by reducing query planning and reading times within Dremio data infrastructure
- Sign off on gathered business and functional requirements and ensuring they are translated into requirements that are robust, scalable and operable solutions that work well within the data architecture
- Using Dataiku ETL tool to develop real time and batch data processes feeding into in-Memory data infrastructure using Apache Arrow
- Implement data ingestion routines using best practices in data modelling, ETL/ELT processes
- Analyse source data systems and drive best practices in source teams
People and Talent
- Lead both the visualisation and data teams from multiple locations to ensure they are working in harmony and towards the same common goal
Risk Management & Governance
- Ensure the appropriate control environment exists within all new developments in line with all relevant internal and external policies
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the P2P Data Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Process Owner – Plan to Perform
Group Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
Head of Governance Financial Planning & Analysis
- Aspire Leads
- Technology & Innovation Leads
Apply on company website