About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Architecture Direction and Governance
- Apply architecture disciplines, tools and models to define targets and roadmaps
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology synergies to save costs and improve efficiencies
- Seek and exploit business adjacencies through designing solutions for technology gaps
- Initiate innovative applications of technology to capture new business value
- Set and guide the implementation of the technology infrastructure architecture.
- Develop and recommend Technology Policies and Standards.
- Conduct architectural reviews at the respective Architecture Councils at check points along the project life cycle to ensure integrity of Architectural Principles and approval of exceptions.
- Establish and maintain effective governance processes including training, advice and support, to assure the target Architecture is effectively implemented
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development; make sure that the team members are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles, ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Drive best practice, methodologies.
- Proactive in seeking regular assurance that the Architecture team is performing to an acceptable risk and control standard
- Include internal controls, legal and regulatory requirements in the processes of Architecture.
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and, if necessary, escalated through the relevant committees
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group, remaining within risk appetite
- Work in collaboration with risk and control teams
- Oversee management of the Function's performance including budget and staff
- Drive improved capabilities, processes and cost management within function
- Take decisions within delegated authorities. Where appropriate, assign delegation of authority to direct reports
This role would require 20+ years of relevant experience, particularly Technology, part of which is operating at the Group level of sizeable international companies. International exposure, ability to handle cultural diversity and developing high performers are essential to this role. Having some operations experience and applied engineering discipline to real life problems is an advantage.
- Substantial experience in Technology at senior level.
- Must possess sharp business acumen
(including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return)
- Strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity; able to lead a small but complex team based in multiple geographies
- Ability to understand geographically dispersed and highly varied customer and product base.
- Strong communicator; able to communicate complex, often vague topics in a compelling manner.
Apply on company website