About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- With input from global operations head, update Operations Strategy to streamline processes, enhance productivity, reduce risk, improve controls, leveraging technologies where appropriate as well as track performance against the agreed strategy
- Define and establish a robust and strategic Cost Management framework for Operations allowing senior management to effectively and proactively manage headcount and other direct costs across Functions and countries
- Define and establish a robust and strategic Client Profitability program to provide transparency and MIS on costs and revenues at client and product level
- Provide regular update to global head of operations and FMO MT on key deliverables and targets
- Drive improvements in overall profitability using outputs of Client Profitability
- Influence strategic decisions driven by cost to serve. Together with FM Operations head propose direction for technology spend, client exits and charges as well as provide front office and functional heads with supporting details to change client behaviour
- Influence strategic decisions impacted by risks and controls by ensuring transparency and availability of relevant MIS
- Maintain appropriate fiscal rigour around financial expenditure, reviewing monthly financial performance and understanding the performance drivers
- Lead the stakeholder engagement to seek timely inputs, participate in developing business strategy and derive feedback on functional performance
- Work hand in hand with the Business to drive efficiency programs/initiatives across end-to-end functions to improve overall profitability and achieve revenue and cost targets
- Support respective businesses in the commercialisation of capabilities, bid teams, monitoring of usage, improving client experience; and collecting defects for future improvements.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc data to support client presentations and negotiations
- Collaborate with other GOHs and BPMs to simplify and standardize processes to build scale and improve efficiency.
- Build and develop a high performing functional management team to support the operations head
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development, ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Set minimum efficiency based targets each year driving down FTE utilisation and Financial Cost
- Design Key Performance & Risk based metrics which enable internal clients (Business, Product & Country Heads) to demonstrate effective governance and oversight on outsourced processes
- Design and oversee delivery of Journey Service Reviews (monthly operations updates to business stakeholders and country COOs)
- Proactive in seeing regular assurance that areas of responsibility are performing to an acceptable risk and control standard
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group remaining within risk appetite
- Provide key performance metrics to Global Product heads to ensure clear visibility of performance targets.
- Developing, implementing and ensuring adherence to the Supervisory oversight by Functional and Country heads.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead Financial Markets Regional Operations teams to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Financial Markets Management Team
- FMO Functional leads, Regional leads
- Business and Product Heads
- Chief Operating Officers (COO's)
- Country Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Operations and Functional Heads in GSSCs and countries
- Chief Data Officer
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values across the department;
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures;
- Innovation opportunities: partner with various groups to identify and pursue innovation opportunities which can benefit the Financial Markets business within SCB;
- Lead and govern Financial Markets offshore agenda and delivery
- Strong understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates
- Proven track record to quickly get up to speed on new areas, concepts and products
- Excellent knowledge of Investor clients and expectations of client service levels.
- Strong customer service and client focused skills with sensitivity to clients' needs
- Sound (generic) knowledge across suite of Wholesale Banking products and related Businesses
- Strong understanding of the firm's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- In depth knowledge of process management.
- The ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks to the firm. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them
- Complete understanding of risks associated with operational processing, Client Static, Client On boarding (i.e. Due Diligence), Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions processing
- Understand key business drivers & manage budgets/resources/infrastructure effectively
- Ability to create an adequate resource planning & manage capacity
- The ability to assess the effectiveness of the firm's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Demonstrable knowledge on implementing best practise for the oversight and management of 3rd party services
- Demonstrated people leadership and management expertise.
- Capable leader with good interpersonal & networking skills
- Relevant Degree/Diploma level education, and/or at least 10+ years of previous experience within Financial Markets industry
Apply on company website