About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Perform constitutional documentation review for hedge fund, real money fund, and opportunity fund clients in the Americas and Europe to establish capacity and authority to trade financial markets, lending and transaction banking products.
- Work with Clients, Relationship Managers, Sales, Credit Risk and Financial Market Contracts Unit to prioritize accounts for efficient onboarding.
- Track the status of master agreements such as ISDA, GMRA, GMSLA and weekly Amendments for all of the investor clients.
- Advise on legal risks and regulatory concerns.
- Expert on fund structure from legal perspective.
- Facilitate onboarding of new accounts to legal documentation.
- Maintain and build relationships with key counterparties.
- Review client documentation to ensure capacity and authority (C&A) of funds.
- Verify information on various public sources to complete diligence and KYC.
- Research legal opinions in both foreign and domestic jurisdictions
- Ensure capacity and authority (C&A) database is accurate and up to date.
- Provide reports on status of account onboarding and pending legal opinions.
- Track return of amendments in a timely fashion, update trackers for C&A completion and follow-up with clients on documentation requests
Our Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of constitutional, marketing and advisory documentation.
- Extremely organized and professional.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (German or French as nice to have)
- Ability to work to a very high degree of accuracy and data integrity.
- Understanding of fund types, legal structures, industry standards and general on-boarding dynamics in this specialist client space.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight timeframes as priorities change.
- Ability to maintain and build relationships with key clients and stakeholders.
- Working experience of Excel and Word including ability to manipulate and access large data files.
- Knowledge of government / public registers to confirm client information.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Apply on company website