About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Leadership in Process and Risk management:
- To ensure the effective management of end to end processes and associated risks, in support of the business strategy, at a country level and consistent with Group.
- Proactive identification, management and escalation (where applicable) of material risk in accordance with the Bank's Risk Management Framework.
- Ongoing business self-assurance to ensure a robust control and operating framework and satisfactory audit results.
- Ongoing management of the Operational Risk Framework (“ORF”).
- Proactively co-ordinate and drive Group CB and COO agenda, priorities and initiatives in relation to process and risk control and governance.
- Own, manage and socialize with relevant stakeholders CB's Audit Reference Library, ensuring it is up to date
- Manage and own of CB COOs communication program related to Risk and Control
- Assist in driving the Bank's and CB's standardization agenda in-country.
- Anticipate and plan for material process, infrastructure and regulatory risks and any necessary process and infrastructure change ahead of evolving business and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in leading CB's engagement with Functions towards achieving alignment of functional support consistent with Group standard operating model.
- Act as CB COO champion for implementation of Group CB agenda with Regional and Country Process & Governance Heads
- Develop and embed a high performance culture and talent with specific focus on controls and governance capability, effectiveness and productivity
- Drive and facilitate effective communication with CB in-country, consistent with Group agenda and communications.
- University Graduate, minimum 5 years of Banking experience in sales, products or risk & governance-related areas
- Knowledge and expertise required:
- Commercial Banking product knowledge (primarily Transaction Banking, Lending and vanilla FM products)
- Deep understanding of the Bank's governance framework and Policies & Procedures, in particular L&C and Operational Risks
- Well-versed in the Country-specific regulatory requirements and monitoring framework
- Change Management – proven track record of delivering change management within given timelines and against budget
- Ability to work effectively collaborate and coordinate efforts in multi-stakeholder environment (in particular functional partners)
- Strong people management skills and ability to bring the
- Convincing communication and listening skills
- Self-driven and independent – ability to operate with minimal guidance
- Resilient – ability to work under pressure under adverse circumstances while motivating direct reports
- Ability to coach and groom the next generation of leaders within the P&G function
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Apply on company website