About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
Working with Client Management Team Lead and RM team to help with client account management and maintain good portfolio quality. The person is required to work with internal stakeholders and provide transaction management support, as well as responsible for helping to drive operational effectiveness.
In maintaining client portfolio healthiness, the client manager is expected to:
- Fully understand client needs and associated account management requirements for the assigned client portfolio
- Ensure full awareness of priority clients (Top 100, Next 100, New 90) and prioritise client needs as required
- Effectively manage all day to day account maintenance activities and respond to client queries to ensure the highest level of client service and relationship health - to drive strong client execution.
- Develop strong relationships with key client contacts through proactive client engagement and effective resolution of client issues.
- Ensure ongoing communication with CM TLs and RMs regarding any clients' issues, unusual utilisation patterns, overall client satisfaction levels and any other relevant client feedback.
- Log all client complaints in WorkBench in accordance with the Client Complaints Handling policy and proactively raise thematic client issues to the CM TL so this can be escalated and resolved in the appropriate Country Client Experience forums.
In maintaining good account management and supporting transaction execution, CM is expected to:
- Provide proactive support on client on-boarding and CDD activities (liaising with IMO), account maintenance and credit documentation / monitoring activities (liaising with CAs)
- Provide effective management of client documentation requirements to completion, demonstrating timeliness and quality
- Liaise with legal and documentation units, in providing transaction management support
- Proactively identify operational issues (process, policy, system, other) and raise with CM Team Leads for tracking and resolution
- Actively participate in CM forums/team sessions, CM surveys and associated client/business critical initiatives as identified.
- Actively work with RMs on deals pipeline tracking, and provide assistance for a smooth implementation
A key part to success is to build collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders, this includes:
- Communicate key changes to RMs and Clients to ensure they are fully aware of the operational effectiveness impact to them.
- Develop strong relationships with RMs and coverage partners through proactive engagement and open communication
- Engage functional stakeholders include L&C, Risk/Credit, IMO, GLS, Operations
- Maintain CM Global Community Connectivity: Leverage the global CM network to share best practices, insights and connect on shared issues, areas of interest
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
Apply on company website