About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role:
- Lead and drive excellent performance in the branch's service team on daily bases, which include: operations and compliance management; the maintenance of the highest service quality to clients; cross-sell, referral and other business target achievement; team management and promotion of team work.
- Assist Branch Manager to achieve business objective at the respective branch.
- Drive or support cost optimization initiatives to achieve cost saving target.
- Ensure the services to both internal and external clients are maintained at a consistently highest level and within mandated quality standards at all times.
- Consistently promote and ensure the following key service KPI or initiatives meet banks' requirement:
- Average Branch NPS
- Client satisfaction score
- 8 minutes service pledge achieving rate
- Individual CASA opening TAT
- Client's complaint ratio
- Lead team to achieve cross-sell targets and finish personal referral target.
- Proactively drive productivity improvement and deliver efficient cost management through effective leadership in the service team.
- Integrate frontline service resources by developing and implementing Branch Service Model for standardization, optimization and productivity improvement.
- Effectively promote projects and thoughtfully handle the changes and updates.
- Learn, understand, enforce and strictly adhere to risk, compliance and mis-selling regulations, requirements, local regulatory requirement, policies and procedures in day-to-day responsibilities
- With monitoring of processing flow and system behaviors, maximize the usage on resources, minimize the operational loss and ensure potential risks are covered by appropriate control procedures as well as its implementation during processing.
- Implement new systems / products / services successfully and ensure processing procedures are in place and embedded in processing.
- Ensure effective cross branch checking and the rectification actions identified from all kinds of KCSA/QA/Spot Check being fully followed and completed at branch.
- Lead team to pass the internal and external auditing. No repeated/significant audit findings.
- Ensure branch related cash, suspense, sundry, Nostro and memo accounts etc. reconciled.
- Motivate subordinators and ensure they have initiatives, appropriate trainings and resources to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Provide/arrange training courses to staffs and ensure staffs have adequate knowledge and understanding to providing services / products at satisfactory level.
- Develop strong people management practices in service team by effectively recognizing good performances to motivate and retain talents, and establishing a well organized talent pool for the sustainable development in the branch.
- Accountable for implementing and complying with AML requirements when performing duties.
- A university degree with 3 – 5 years of related banking experience and at least one year managerial experience;
- Sound knowledge of bank products, services, procedures and regulations, equities markets, unit trusts and other personal investment services;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to deal with all levels of people, often in complex and difficult situations;
- Team player who shows initiative and assertiveness and good leadership qualities to motivate the team;
- Self-motivator who is keen to upgrade, improve personal knowledge and skills to meet job requirements;
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Mandarin.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
Apply on company website