About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role
To provide support to specific duties as required by BAU Operations team in accordance to the relevant procedures, guidelines, instructions and standards up to the standards on quality, productivity and service levels.
- Ensure that the set BAU productivity targets (efficiency, accuracy … etc.) and processing turnaround standards are achieved.
- Assist line managers to ensure team targets are met and provide necessary coaching to junior team members
- Closely follow up projects and regularly update progress status to the management forums. Ensure timely delivery of projects with issues robustly escalated. Support group and country to roll out implementations
- Gain and master Retail Banking knowledge about product, infrastructure and systems
- Understand and perform regulatory reporting process in a timely manner.
- Support client complaint request handling including issue investigation, supporting documents collection, issue summary report within timeline.
- Supervise GBS Tianjin performance and risk control as well as respond to hub's inquiry. Ensure the participation of monthly Service Review Meeting and follow through issue/risk incidents discussion.
- Support DOI review and update annually and as needed.
- Be responsible for risk issue/incident follow through and report as per ITO escalation procedure requirement.
- Assist with audit and regulator inspection coordination. Provide necessary supporting documents and communicate/discuss with auditor for any issue oberservation/finding.
- Ensure full compliance with regulations and internal policies of the bank.
- Ensure due care and diligence exercised on day to day operations matters.
- Drive / Champion process improvement initiatives for enhancing operations efficiency and service quality and customer experience
- Proactive support stakeholders in handling their requests appropriately.
- Good knowledge for Retail Banking business and products;
- Responsible and strong sense of customer services to both internal and external counterparties;
- Excellent communicator who is able to work with all levels;
- Onshore Mutual Fund Certificate must be acquired by end of very next year after employee on board;
- Strong proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese;
- Familiar with MS-Office software;
- Detail oriented and analytical skill is a plus
- Bachelor and above, at least 3 years experience in banking operations or successfully completed a management trainee program of a well known organization. ;
- Must be a self-starter with excellent service attitude;
- Strong sense of time management and able to prioritize;
- Strong business acumen to understand business impact and risks in the banking environment;
- Team player with strong communication skill and commitment to quality work;
- Able to influence and motivate people;
Apply on company website